SUP's shocked after filing a 9.5 grievance.

I am management and I am neither stupid nor greedy. I could just as easily categorize ALL union workers as stupid and lazy, but I don't and i won't because I THINK about being in their shoes. I'm expected to give impeccable orders every second I'm here and for every given scenario. Do I make mistakes/ Yes. Do I make people unhappy? yes. Do I get pleasure out of making them unhappy? yes, but only those that give me a hard time when I am trying to make the best of a bad situiation. Nothing different than real life. So, be a little more considerate and everyone will be better as a result.
I so wish you were my sup!...I would have a grand old time , filing grievances on you!.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I am management and I am neither stupid nor greedy. I could just as easily categorize ALL union workers as stupid and lazy, but I don't and i won't because I THINK about being in their shoes. I'm expected to give impeccable orders every second I'm here and for every given scenario. Do I make mistakes/ Yes. Do I make people unhappy? yes. Do I get pleasure out of making them unhappy? yes, but only those that give me a hard time when I am trying to make the best of a bad situiation. Nothing different than real life. So, be a little more considerate and everyone will be better as a result.
I was trying to make a point and perhaps nudge you into thinking...maybe it'll work out next time.
I won't "be" a little more considerate unless it's on my own terms and more consideration is warranted. Thanks for the advice. ;)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Maybe some union workers ARE stupid and/or lazy but we were all smart enough NOT to go into management...but I guess someone has to wear the fancy shirts and try to make our jobs even more frustrating. I don't get paid to be considerate of management. I get paid to hump cardboard....if my sup didn't say a word to me for the next month, I'd be just fine with it lol.

cynic

I know you think you're a gifted thinker, great tactical warrior and all, but it is so easy to sit on the bench criticizing those that are required to make the plays and advance the ball. (Get the anology)? If you have what it takes to run the business better, why aren't you working at that capacity and trying to make a difference? I bet you'll have some profound comment, but the "bottom line" as you call it is that without people keeping the business running that you are at the front line of, using the vehicle and tools provided to you, you would be sitting on the bench somewhere else criticizing along with the other whiners and gifted anonymous forum experts at all things. Oh what? You do your job for UPS every day in spite of the idiots?? Guess what. You're probably seen as one of the bigger idiots in your work center based on what you post here.

First, I don't get your anology - perhaps you were intending to use the word analogy?

Now that would be appropriate given you're in management...

Integrity

Binge Poster
I know you think you're a gifted thinker, great tactical warrior and all, but it is so easy to sit on the bench criticizing those that are required to make the plays and advance the ball. (Get the anology)? If you have what it takes to run the business better, why aren't you working at that capacity and trying to make a difference? I bet you'll have some profound comment, but the "bottom line" as you call it is that without people keeping the business running that you are at the front line of, using the vehicle and tools provided to you, you would be sitting on the bench somewhere else criticizing along with the other whiners and gifted anonymous forum experts at all things. Oh what? You do your job for UPS every day in spite of the idiots?? Guess what. You're probably seen as one of the bigger idiots in your work center based on what you post here.
Lineandinitial,

You seemed threatened by his posts.

In my experience anyone who has an honest view of what UPS is really all about is viewed as an idiot.

I don't know your job but in my experience low level management are, for the most part, defeated cowards forced into daily immoral, unethical practices for the sake of the culture of greed and self centeredness that dominates this company and this country.

Sincerely,
I

blkmamba

I think it comes down to the fact that when UPS invited the Teamsters to unionize their workforce they believed it to be the best for their employees. Plus they knew they would unionize and wanted a hand in choosing who would unionize them. Point being UPS used to be a place where the workforce had names and families. Now, they are just numbers that need to be pushed daily. Rather than working together for the betterment of the customer, we only look out for ourselves. Pathetic really!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Thank you for your unending service to society, oh mighty job creator. We bow before your infinite wisdom and ability to extract ever more blood from a stone.
he aint a Job Creator, he is a Job Decimator. The idea of adding people has the same reaction to management as Garlic does to Dracula

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The Center got our Excessive Overtime Checks yesterday. It was ,after taxes, $700 just for filing paper. We only have 4 weeks left to file until Peak arrives so I plan on getting every penny I can from now until then

FilingBluesFL

The Center got our Excessive Overtime Checks yesterday. It was ,after taxes, $700 just for filing paper. We only have 4 weeks left to file until Peak arrives so I plan on getting every penny I can from now until then

For sure, I wanted to give 'em one last kick in the pants before peak lol

Not gonna lie, after 10 hours of hearing "Wow, I guess it's raining out, eh?" You just kinda have a NEED to file that blue paper lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
:deletesmiley2: Ugh...not the "P" word...let me enjoy what's left of October...and wake me on Jan 15th.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I think it comes down to the fact that when UPS invited the Teamsters to unionize their workforce they believed it to be the best for their employees. Plus they knew they would unionize and wanted a hand in choosing who would unionize them. Point being UPS used to be a place where the workforce had names and families. Now, they are just numbers that need to be pushed daily. Rather than working together for the betterment of the customer, we only look out for ourselves. Pathetic really!

Actually, when Casey invited the IBT in to organize UPS in the early 1900's, it was because the Teamsters were one of the most conservative unions available and he figured it would be better to take his chances with us rather than a much more militant group.