Surepost again

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
anyone else have Union meetings since peak and have the BA pretty much say nothing we can do about it?

We can't open up bags to look at addresses. This I understand.

Here was the funny one. BA says if you do notice one you need to clock out on break for a minute to write down the tracking number so you don't get fired for stealing time.

Pretty much said we can't prove close proximity just look for big boxes. When are elections again?

youllbefine

Did not count them today but almost every stop I did today had a sure post in it... Even had stops with nothing but a single surepost pkg

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Did not count them today but almost every stop I did today had a sure post in it... Even had stops with nothing but a single surepost pkg
I would bet that over 50% of stops going to houses are surepost....and probably half of those are going to the post office...I would love to know how many packages went to the post office last year

PT Car Washer

Another driver had your other surepost package for that stop. He will deliver it sometime today. I love it when a customer tells me I was the third UPS driver to deliver here today.

barnyard

KTM rider
Seems like part of this, should be easy to solve. If a package is too big, the clerk that sorts to the PO, sorts it to the correct truck. Back when I started, there used to be over size clerks many buildings. Maybe there needs to be surepost over-size clerks that take packages too large for surepost and gets them on route.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Seems like part of this, should be easy to solve. If a package is too big, the clerk that sorts to the PO, sorts it to the correct truck. Back when I started, there used to be over size clerks many buildings. Maybe there needs to be surepost over-size clerks that take packages too large for surepost and gets them on route.
All of this is simple really. I deliver a decent amount of over 10 lbs stuff also.

If it's over 10 lbs our system shouldn't even allow a surepost label to be created.

brown metal coffin

All of this is simple really. I deliver a decent amount of over 10 lbs stuff also.

If it's over 10 lbs our system shouldn't even allow a surepost label to be created.

Good point. That could potentially be an easy fix through the software and the updating but even in that I think we will start seeing a lot of 9 pound boxes even if they weigh 20 lbs. Certainly doesn't stop amazon for example shipping furniture that says 1 pound on it.

For the most part though I think most shippers would comply but in that weight limit I would force them to put dim weight in also. Ive seen some sizable 9 pounders. Dementially speaking of course.