Switching Direct Deposit to different account?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm having issues with PayPal (Big surprise, I know) and I am worried that they are going to attack my bank account trying to get money from some cheap-o who bought stuff from me and thinks I lied about the condition. So, in an effort to keep MY money secure I am going to close the account, as I only ever opened it to avoid fees from cashing my paychecks from a previous employer. Problem is that my UPS pay is Direct deposited into that account, so I plan on re-routing my DD to another account at the same bank. So does anyone know if it still takes 2 weeks to SWITCH the DD as it does to start it up?

Thanks,
Dan

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I would say yes. This stuff always takes time. And if your request falls on the right day, it could even take longer.

There are some times when trying to be super frugal (cheap is another term) where it can really bite you hard. I find it interesting only he is the "cheap-o"?

Drain the money out as soon as it is deposited if you are really worried. As far as that action affecting your ability to sell again, that action will shoot yourself in the foot. So if you have a good reputation on the selling site, it might be better to arrange for a compromise instead. In the retail world, a good rep is priceless.

d

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The money is already out, but PayPal might try to reach in and take it. I tried to compromise with the guy but he's asking for more than he's deserved. I have a VERY good rep on the site but not everything can have a happy ending unfortunately

bluehdmc

Can you switch to a live check?
Paypal may still try to take the money from your old account, and your bank could charge you fees.
Has this person opened a dispute with paypal?
Paypal should contact you and let you have your say before they take the money from you.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have 2 active accounts, but had to go through payroll and have it done by hand. Plus, now that it is set up, I cannot change it online. Kind of a bummer.

NJupser717

I switched mine on a sunday night, that thursday I was handed a pay stub and not a pay check. To my understanding, and my experience, the change is immediate but if it's made after a pay check/deposit is made/issued, the change will take effect next pay period.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have 2 active accounts, but had to go through payroll and have it done by hand. Plus, now that it is set up, I cannot change it online. Kind of a bummer.

I stand corrected. How do your deposit(s) work? Is it 50/50 or do you have a predetermined amount going to one account and the balance to the other?

None of my business but wouldn't it be easier to have the direct deposit go to one account and then make the transfer to the other account yourself?

brett636

It does take 2-3 weeks for the switch to occur. When I switched my main bank account from my original brick and mortar bank to an online bank I switched the direct deposit of my paycheck. My next two paychecks came in on paper until the switch was complete.