Sylvester caught red handed.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You must of had a bad day partner. What sinister plot do you think you're now uncovering?
Why do you think Sean O was shadowing KH during the last contract? He was the heir apparent for a long time. The plan is simple, Sean O is moving up, he's the next generation.
If KH stayed in place you'd be bitchin the IBT isn't thinking forward.
A bad day???
No, several years of misinformation and slight of hand.

I'm not "bitching"????
I was just asking questions, relevant against the backdrop of the last 5 years.
Out with it already, all of it.

Reminds me of the juvenile pageantry of "The Convention"....sickening.
We have to give SO a chance. I already see all the Facebook bashing and it's pathetic. Teamsters United lost. We have to move forward. Let's put some good proposals out there and see what he can do. Nobody can judge him yet. We have to give him a chance.
Yes we do "have to give SO a chance", we have no choice.
I will continue to try and work with whoever is in charge, for the betterment of the members, whenever.....

hyena

That's where good young up and comers need to pop in and tell them how it is. You already proved yourself to me. I have your back. Tell them how it is. You are a leader show them the way. Someone like you loves being a Teamster and protects the brand. Learn them brother
I'm not going to change anyone's opinion. I don't know the guy like you do, I'm just being optimistic .

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I'm sure the appeal is in. It will go to JC. Get appealed. Then to the GEB. Maybe the IRB should get involved. Will that jeopardize a receivership? Not sure. I'm more focused on Sean negotiating our contract. People are excited around my building.

I wonder if he'll continue to take orders from UPS?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I wonder if he'll continue to take orders from UPS?
He hasn't yet. That's your commie Lie group that does that. They talk a big game yet have zero answers to a problem. Sean's the negotiator. You gonna help or just sit there and divide? Now who is helping UPS

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I wonder.... if the members are ever going to "grow a set".

-Bug-

Grow a set to be quiet and fall in line? Yeah, let's not question an email from a labor manager to our representative to take care of our members who aren't in favor of a proposed contract. How dare those guys not "grow a set" and tow the line. Glad O'Brien will "take care" of the dissenters. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Doesn't it start there smarty pants? Oh I forgot, TDU uses the red phone to the IRB.

Disagree with you, automatically become a TDU member. Very cute, sweety. At least you're consistent. As much as you say that to those of us who raise valid questions, we should probably pay TDU dues or get on their mailing list. But then I remember, I can form my own opinions from my work experiences. Strange, isn't it?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm not sure that the last General Election wasn't an indication that they are growing both, despite being "castrated", contract after contract.

With only 1/3 of the membership voting, it only indicates....

Most are UPS sheep, or they are content.

Take your pick.

And yet, we still made improvements.

Grow a set to be quiet and fall in line?

Of course not.

But, without a simple majority of members (bothering to send back a prepaid envelope)

taking a moment to vote their views, it's hard to take the "ball to the hoop".

One Email, hardly constitutes it being worthy of speculation.

Especially.... when there is no real context, to what the statement actually means.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Take your pick.
I'll pick two unlisted options....

.....apathetic and disengaged.

Should we blame the sheep for their slaughter, or the shepherd???
For who???
But, without a simple majority of members (bothering to send back a prepaid envelope)

Poor analogy, as it doesn't take a packed house to "take the ball to the hoop"?

How can it not be also viewed as a failure of leadership, when the rank and file doesn't show up?

Especially.... when there is no real context, to what the statement actually means.
This email speaks volumes in the "context" of an imposed contract and an absolute "witch hunt" of RA in this very Local.
Looks like it was "taken care of"???

We can smell the stink from a mile away.

~Bbbl~

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The difference is that sheep do not get a choice by mail and the shepherd doesn't negotiate the terms of their survival.
The shepherd, for sure, "negotiates" the terms of their survival....if they survive.

There are many members, retired and active, in the Central Region who can attest to that.

10 Pt

Take your pick.

Of course not.

-Bug-
One question for you.
Why would this Labor Manager think that he could get away with calling this dues paying steward a "Kook" to SOB knowing that he would respect his degrading comment and not be concerned that SOB would be angry about having a member referenced in that derogatory way. Looks like there's something we're missing and aren't privileged to.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
One question for you.
Why would this Labor Manager think that he could get away with calling this dues paying steward a "Kook" to SOB knowing that he would respect his degrading comment and not be concerned that SOB would be angry about having a member referenced in that derogatory way. Looks like there's something we're missing and aren't privileged to.
Definition of QUID PRO QUO

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
One question for you.

Why would you ask me ?

Maybe.... you could "nut up" and ask him ??

(kind of "face to face") :biggrin:

-Bug-

10 Pt

Why would you ask me ?

Maybe.... you could "nut up" and ask him ??

(kind of "face to face") :biggrin:

-Bug-
You were asserting that the whole conversation was "vague".
IMG_20170216_213845.jpg

Sounds like vintage Nancy Pelosi prose.