Talks on DHL's US packages ended - UPS spokesman

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Talks on DHL's US packages ended - UPS spokesman - Reuters

United Parcel Service Inc (UPS.N), the world's largest package delivery company, and DHL have called off talks for UPS to handle the Deutsche Post AG (DPWGn.DE) unit's U.S. domestic package service, a spokesman said on Friday.

"UPS and DHL have mutually agreed to terminate their negotiations," the spokesman, Norman Black, said. "UPS is in its quiet period before earnings and will have nothing further to say at this time."

The deal had been expected to generate up to $1 billion a year in revenue for UPS.

ups1990

A potential 1 billion dollar account(s) went nowhere?. At a time when UPS, keeps pressuring drivers to look for leads?

rod

Retired 22 years
No atta boys for the UPS team trying to put this deal together. It would be fun to be in a room with this group and watch all the finger pointing. :sad-little:

MikeTbob

No atta boys for the UPS team trying to put this deal together. It would be fun to be in a room with this group and watch all the finger pointing. :sad-little:

Substitute a Hot Poker for the finger pointing and I'll buy tickets to that one.:angry-very2:

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I wonder if you'll see an alliance FDX instead. It must be a good reason that UPS ended talks. Maybe a billion in rev was not enough for what DHL wants in return.

hdkappler

:happy-very:real good ups.one billon dollar business deal,i'am glad i'am retired.jim casey would roll in his grave.i don't blame any driver for not handing anymore sales leads.:funny:.at least i'am retired.

UPSNewbie

:happy-very:real good ups.one billon dollar business deal,i'am glad i'am retired.jim casey would roll in his grave.i don't blame any driver for not handing anymore sales leads.:funny:.at least i'am retired.

I can see the conversation...

"Turn in sales leads!"

"Why? All of mine turn the way of DHL...."

UPS_UK

Brown Brown & more Brown
Probabaly not profitab;e enough for UPS. Proft yes and plety, not enough.

A manager once told me "We are UPS and if a customer wants to ship with us, they will pay and do what we tell them"..........my ar$e!!

Some of the UPS management, in fact most of them are arrogant :censored2:s and have never spoken to or seen a customer and have no idea what the market is like.