Tattling on other Union Members

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
A younger driver came up to me to say his best friend who was also a feeder driver was talking about bringing a gun to work and shooting up the dispatch area, specifically naming one supe.
I told him he better go to the center manager with this info . I also said if he didnt I would.

He did . The driver was watched very carefully and later failed a drug test ( meth is what the scuttlebutt was ) and he was fired after about 13 plus years of service.

I felt 1000% right even though his friend had some regrets. First of all you take that kind of threat seriously.
Secondly you dont want a feeder driver working while taking drugs.

A little different than complaining that some kid let too many packages go by on the belt though.

Labelflipper

I do me what do I care what emilio is or isn’t doing
Quit whining and do “your” job
I am doing my job. Only whining cuz I have to do the slackers job first cuz he's playing games on his phone, before I am able to do my job. Can't do my job unless the person before me does theirs. Simple as that.

Est.1998

All documentation I've seen states you are not to "tattle" on other union members. What do you do if your Union "co-worker" is a slacker. His excuse is that he is tired. I can understand that to a point, but does that give him the right to make everyone else take on his work every day because he is too tired to do his job?? He does do some of the job, but goes to the bathroom alot and is always on his phone, so not paying attention to what's going on, us other's have to pick up the slack. It's a part-time job, he doesn't have a second job, very young and still lives at home with his parents.

Curious what you guys have to say about a situation like that. I can't mind my own business about it cuz it is affecting all of us right now cuz we are very short staffed.
What is it that you do at UPS?

Labelflipper

I assume your tattling just came to life when you joined the union.

Screw you.
Wow, thx. I haven't tattled, was only asking for advice about it cuz this situation is screwing up my job.
.And yes, I would have said something if non-union, but I did join the Union and follow their rules.
So what is it that you are saying???

542thruNthru

Wow, thx. I haven't tattled, was only asking for advice about it cuz this situation is screwing up my job.
.And yes, I would have said something if non-union, but I did join the Union and follow their rules.
All you can do is try and focus on just your work and let the rest go by. Make it management's problem so that they have to deal with it.

Box Ox

I am doing my job. Only whining cuz I have to do the slackers job first cuz he's playing games on his phone, before I am able to do my job. Can't do my job unless the person before me does theirs. Simple as that.

I totally get that as I spent a lot of time on the belt. Let it be management's problem if you can't get to all your :censored2: because you've gotta work around his misses.

If your sup has questions about your misses just tell 'em why. That's not tattling. That's a factual response about your work environment.

floridays

Just massagin your nutz unless you are a montly bleeder. You didn't respond to that.

Box Ox

Just massagin your nutz unless you are a montly bleeder. You didn't respond to that.
Did you learn to type at the Gumby school of typing?
ty.gif