TAW guaranteed hours

S1nner

When you are on TAW and light duty restrictions what is the guaranteed hours if you want to code 6 that day? I understand you can, and they want you to code 5 and leave asap, but when can they send me home if I want to work?

bumped

When you are on TAW and light duty restrictions what is the guaranteed hours if you want to code 6 that day? I understand you can, and they want you to code 5 and leave asap, but when can they send me home if I want to work?
Its something like the average of your last 6 months paid days. You'll have to check your local rider.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
1625083633336.png

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My local was previous 52 weeks average hours. Used to drive management nuts to see many sitting on their asses on TAW getting paid overtime.

cachmeifucan

That is how it should be. Because if you end uo on lost time you dont want the time you were on taw to lower your average hours because that is how workmans compensation is calculated. Average hours over 12 months.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That is how it should be. Because if you end uo on lost time you dont want the time you were on taw to lower your average hours because that is how workmans compensation is calculated. Average hours over 12 months.
It’s different everywhere
Taw pays your guarantee here

any full time upser will max out the work comp chart

Back From Break
Average hours over 12 months.

With a cap, which we usually hit. At least in my State.

any full time upser will max out the work comp chart

Correct. We usually get the cap on workers comp.

Most states base it on the Statewide average weekly wage, and your take-home pay, whichever one is less. At UPS, it is almost always capped at the Statewide average weekly rate.

And yes, there are always exceptions, but the exceptions are not the norm.

The good news is that even though you may get less, WC benefits are not taxable.

Back From Break
And TAW is different than workers comp. On TAW, you get your guaranteed hours, but you usually have to come in and do pidly stuff. On comp, you get to sit home and collect the money.

And, based on the Statewide average weekly rate, which is non taxable, compared to an 8 hour guarantee, which is taxable, the final take home pay is usually not a huge difference.