TCD Going Full Time

Fly713

In my hub we have a 2 centers... One is twice the size of the other... I just got called about going full time and I have to leave my center... I'm in the smaller one which I have way more knowledge of routes and to me it's ran way better than the one I'm going to is there anything I can do about trying to stay where I'm at... And not changing centers

Sent using BrownCafe App

undies

If you want the full time work, suck it up and change centers. You will have to start over in terms of area knowledge, but already knowing the basics of the job will make it easier.

Fly713

Yea I know I was hoping it's a way to stay put I was just going to wait it out till a position opened in my center but I talked to the union and they told me that in like three months they where going to have a hiring freeze and more than likely send TCDs back to there real pt position.... In my hub they have hired at least 15 ft this year so I think there getting rid of TCDs

Sent using BrownCafe App

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
To be brutally honest, UPS does not care what you want. You are just another cog in the brown machine. They will place you where you are needed. It won't be too bad because delivery skills apply to all routes. Just work smart and safe you will do fine.