Teamcare improvements for retirees

crazyeyes

For retired members under the national contract, can anyone tell me if there are any improvements in retiree Teamcare, and what they are? I am a retired member with local 705. As of right now for my wife and myself, I have to pay $400 a month premium, and the plan benefit limit ( annual ) is $200,000 per individual. I know our local is working to improve these retiree benefits, but I am just wondering if there are any improvements with the national, and what they are.

For retirees our annual dental is $1500 a year. I have been having some bad luck with my teeth, and that $1500 don't last long.

bowhnterdon

For retired members under the national contract, can anyone tell me if there are any improvements in retiree Teamcare, and what they are? I am a retired member with local 705. As of right now for my wife and myself, I have to pay $400 a month premium, and the plan benefit limit ( annual ) is $200,000 per individual. I know our local is working to improve these retiree benefits, but I am just wondering if there are any improvements with the national, and what they are.

For retirees our annual dental is $1500 a year. I have been having some bad luck with my teeth, and that $1500 don't last long.
You have it great compared to JC 83 of Va. $700 a month and a 500,000 lifetime benefit... what a kick in the ass...

RealPerson

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Contract doesn't have anything to do with Health care anymore. Except how much money UPS gives to the Unions Health fund....

Tony Q

For locals 705 and 710 the negotiations haven’t even started yet. They wait till everything else is done and piggy back it.

Tony Q

For locals 705 and 710 the negotiations haven’t even started yet. They wait till everything else is done and piggy back it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You have it great compared to JC 83 of Va. $700 a month and a 500,000 lifetime benefit... what a kick in the ass...
$440 each for you and and your spouse here if you retire at 60, if you leave at 55 it jumps to $660 each. If I end up working longer than planned HC costs will be the reason.

browned out

The Teamsters have still not informed us of any deductible changes to Teamcare for active participants. The last contract the Teamsters informed us that for years 2013-2017 that our deductibles would be $0. And that the deductible for family coverage would go unnecessarily to $200 for 2018. Point being is that the Teamsters should be able to tell us our active participant deductibles will be $0 for 2019-2023. No viable reason we should have to pay any deductible.

The Teamsters should also not be deceptive in any other Teamcare benefit changes. Last contract; No mention was made at the the Teamcare Union meetings or in the tons of Teamcare documents sent to the members of the major change in benefit eligibility being changed from 1 punch per month to maintain benefits being switched to one punch per week. We had a driver stuck with an over $40000 medical bill for the birth of his child because he took an unpaid week. Not informing the members of this major change in benefits was not forthright.

RealPerson

The Teamsters have still not informed us of any deductible changes to Teamcare for active participants. The last contract the Teamsters informed us that for years 2013-2017 that our deductibles would be $0. And that the deductible for family coverage would go unnecessarily to $200 for 2018. Point being is that the Teamsters should be able to tell us our active participant deductibles will be $0 for 2019-2023. No viable reason we should have to pay any deductible.

The Teamsters should also not be deceptive in any other Teamcare benefit changes. Last contract; No mention was made at the the Teamcare Union meetings or in the tons of Teamcare documents sent to the members of the major change in benefit eligibility being changed from 1 punch per month to maintain benefits being switched to one punch per week. We had a driver stuck with an over $40000 medical bill for the birth of his child because he took an unpaid week. Not informing the members of this major change in benefits was not forthright.

EXACTLY.
During our meeting a couple of weeks ago, the union leaders kept saying it won't go up. You will not have to any thing.

I asked : Sure we will not have to pay anything up front, but what about in the back end. Higher Co pays, Higher Deductibles (as it started this year), More Max out of pocket..

My answer was with the additional $5 going into the pension and health and all the new young healthy members (LOL, 15 a week in my building) that they do not EXPECT anything to go up..... LOL, I want it in writing..

RealPerson

On, about the $40,000 The Driver could pay the $1,200 or so in COBRA and be covered!
Shouldn't have to, but just saying....