Teamcare nightmare

SteeltownBrown

I was notified by Teamcare that a healthcare premium for my wife would automatically be deducted from my pension unless I filled out a form to opt out. Don't understand how it's even legal to deduct money without your consent. Wife is still working and has her own insurance. Anyhow I filled out the forms and got a confirmation that they received them. Sure enough I got my first pension check with $200 deducted for wifes healthcare. 25 minutes on hold to speak with someone from Teamcare to confirm that they had the forms and would refund my money however long that takes. The whole process comes across as a little shady to me.

I was notified by Teamcare that a healthcare premium for my wife would automatically be deducted from my pension unless I filled out a form to opt out. Don't understand how it's even legal to deduct money without your consent. Wife is still working and has her own insurance. Anyhow I filled out the forms and got a confirmation that they received them. Sure enough I got my first pension check with $200 deducted for wifes healthcare. 25 minutes on hold to speak with someone from Teamcare to confirm that they had the forms and would refund my money however long that takes. The whole process comes across as a little shady to me.
200 for a single and $400 for a couple.
Does she just use her insurance or does she use yours?

SteeltownBrown

Once Medicare kicks in neither of us will have any benefits once we retire except for any supplement we purchase. She is planning to work until then and I'm already signed up for Part A. Main point is I don't see how Teamcare can just decide on their own to take the pension deduction. This isn't the 1050's. Mostly both couples work.

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Once Medicare kicks in neither of us will have any benefits once we retire except for any supplement we purchase. She is planning to work until then and I'm already signed up for Part A. Main point is I don't see how Teamcare can just decide on their own to take the pension deduction. This isn't the 1050's. Mostly both couples work.
1050’s? Man you’re old!