Teamcare question

Union Power

Silent member
FYI: the company has to credit you with FMLA coverage from the first moment you tell any supervisor that you're going on it even though your paperwork hasn't been sent in yet.

ManInBrown

My coverage was dropped because I missed 6 days in a row for paternity leave. Now my family and I are shown as ineligible for healthcare. Does anyone know how long that week will affect my eligibility? I've been driving for 7 months. Management said I could take more than a week off if I needed to but never told me I would loose my health insurance.
Not making excuses for management. I would be the last employee to ever do that. But the reason they didn't tell you, is because I guarantee they had no idea. I was in a similar situation a few years ago and was going to be out of work for a week for a personal issue. I told my on car to make sure you code me as a sick day one time during the week, because if not I'll lose my insurance. He was baffled. Had no idea if we didn't work one time we'd lose insurance. But that was also when we were in the very beginning of the new contract. That might have had something to do with it also.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Read the law. You've got no clue.
As soon as the employee states the FMLA request they have to give it to them BY LAW and then the paperwork then has to be approved or disapproved.
I was on it. That's how it works.

See. the problem is that the OP never informed them that he was taking FMLA, so so by law,as you put it, does not come into play.

Maybe you should brush up on the law first before you "chide" another BC poster.

Union Power

Silent member
See. the problem is that the OP never informed them that he was taking FMLA, so so by law,as you put it, does not come into play.

Maybe you should brush up on the law first before you "chide" another BC poster.
I already understood the op didn't make it known from the get go and I never said that was the case. "Chiding" another poster?

Reread the FYI info and save your chiding for the office. Thank you.
It's always better to see the target before you shoot from the hip. Saves toes.