Teamcare question

Faceplanted

so our lovely teamcare just sent me a letter saying that a name brand prescription that a person in my family takes is no longer covered. They now want us to get the generic. The generic does not work the same. Wtf. Thanks teamcare!!!!!

Anything we can do?

upschuck

so our lovely teamcare just sent me a letter saying that a name brand prescription that a person in my family takes is no longer covered. They now want us to get the generic. The generic does not work the same. Wtf. Thanks teamcare!!!!!

Anything we can do?
Get a different medicine, or pay for it.

Johney

Anything we can do?
Nope, been there done that.

born2Bwild

Have a doctor write a letter that this name brand medicine is needed for this condition and send it to insurance. My wife faced similar situation and they approved it. Good luck

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Anything we can do?
What generic does not work the same? It is the same exact formula?

oldngray

nowhere special
What generic does not work the same? It is the same exact formula?
Generics have the same active ingredients but the exact formulas can vary. There can be differences for some people. I have taken generics and sometimes feel exactly the same but had others where I could definitely tell a difference.