teamster convention article a must read

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for posting this article. I doubt any of this will be posted in the Teamster magazine.

wkmac

nepotism plays a big role in the Teamsters Union. Look down the list of Teamster officials, and you see multiple Hogans and Condors, Brennans and Mathises, Zimmermans and Salmerons, Macks and Aloises.

Hey Scratch, remember that name?
:wink:

Reading this article just makes me more and more convinced that the IBT is a dinosaur that can't be saved and quite frankly doesn't want to be anyway. I'll give TDU credit for trying but I'm not convinced their agenda is the answer either. Time to think about moving on. UPSers deserve better, much better!

nhguy

After having read that article, it's no wonder that the central states pension is in such a mess!! Feel sorry for all the hard working UPS employees who get represented by this bunch of Buffoons!:confused:1

18wheelbrownie

well i believe they got what they came to vegas for, no business , just parting on our dues money , if only enough ups employees would read up on this information . their views might change on their representation we have !!!!!!

wkmac

nhguy said:
After having read that article, it's no wonder that the central states pension is in such a mess!! Feel sorry for all the hard working UPS employees who get represented by this bunch of Buffoons!:confused:1

nhguy,
I may have you mixed up with someone else but whether you or someone else, based on your comment, maybe now you can understand why some of us under CS are willing to look in a different direction away from the IBT.

tulsatime

Thanks for posting this article. I doubt any of this will be posted in the Teamster magazine.

That's probably because Teamster Magazine doesn't print fiction. What a load of TDU crap. This writer must not have been at the same convention I was. I've never seen the Union so united.

wkmac

That's probably because Teamster Magazine doesn't print fiction. What a load of TDU crap. This writer must not have been at the same convention I was. I've never seen the Union so united.

I'll bet it was united from your view. Both of Hoffa's butt cheeks were doing all they could to unite and your head was in the way! Hard to see any other perspective from that position.

I'm no fan of TDU at all but the whole convention is nothing more than a lavious pep rally for Hoffa and his minions! If the TDU bunch controlled it, the same thing would apply to them as well!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I went to a UPS Contract Proposal meeting Saturday. Our Local President and the delegates we sent to Las Vegas were booed, shoved around, and given the finger anytime anyone of them tried to talk. In all fairness, our Local President said it was all political, he went in expecting it. I have been with UPS since '75, and can remember the nepotism, corruption, multiple pensions and salaries that the Local's staff had. I am not a member of TDU, after Carey screwed us over with the Pension Plan, I doubt they are the answer. But I am glad somebody has the guts to stand up and speak out about what is wrong with the Teamsters, too bad it took the Federal government to come in to get the mob guys out. :mad:

mittam

AND SO THE COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE teamsters GO ON IT'S TIME TO STAND TALL AND SAY NO MORE...... IT'S TIME TO VOTE IN A NEW UNION ONE THAT WILL NOT TOLERATE THE CURRENT CORRUPTION WE HAVE TIME TO VOTE FOR THE APWA SEND THE MESSAGE LOUD AND CLEAR TO THE teamsters WE NO LONGER WANT THEM IN OUR BUILDINGS LET THEM GO WITH EVERYONE ELSE THAT FEASTS OFF OUR MONIES AND SURVIVE WITHOUT US ............. APWA THAT'S WHERE WE NEED TO BE