Teamsters Credit Union

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
B19CA9E0-8C6A-40EC-B5AE-DDBCDF88E0B8.jpeg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
A long time ago my Local used to recommend that we use the Transportation Industry Credit Union that was located in Florida somewhere. I did save money for a while, credit unions usually offer better services than a regular bank. I couldn't find them listed now, the TICU probably changed names or merged with another one. There actually is a Teamster's Credit Union in Detroit with 2500 members. I am wary of any financial institution using the Teamster's name though. I have 23 years vested in the Teamster's Central States Pension Plan. I realize that they are different institutions. My local EMC runs a good credit union as does Delta Airlines that I would use first. I guess that it would be better to use a larger one that is in your locality with a nearby office. You would also want access to an ATM network to avoid extra fees, a lot of credit unions do share ATMs.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
A long time ago my Local used to recommend that we use the Transportation Industry Credit Union that was located in Florida somewhere. I did save money for a while, credit unions usually offer better services than a regular bank. I couldn't find them listed now, the TICU probably changed names or merged with another one. There actually is a Teamster's Credit Union in Detroit with 2500 members. I am wary of any financial institution using the Teamster's name though. I have 23 years vested in the Teamster's Central States Pension Plan. I realize that they are different institutions. My local EMC runs a good credit union as does Delta Airlines that I would use first. I guess that it would be better to use a larger one that is in your locality with a nearby office. You would also want access to an ATM network to avoid extra fees, a lot of credit unions do share ATMs.

Our local established a credit union in the mid 80s (if I remember correctly). It didn't last more than a few years, and dissolved.

Thanks to my mother being a state employee, I joined PSECU and have happy ever since.

Shift 2

All good points. Thanks, guys!
I have an account with the credit where I live. The pros are it’s easy to save money. They’re only open 1pm to 4 pm so basically when your at work and they have small personal loans they give out other then that it’s nothing special

Box Ox

Local credit unions are indeed the best. Especially if they’ve got good mobile apps and websites on top of good customer service. Mine even services my mortgage and the money they make from me mostly goes back to members and the community instead of to stockholders, which is nice.

Lurkers: Go with a local credit union instead of a big bank. But maybe not a “Teamsters” credit union.