Teamsters for a Democratic Union

deleted9

2, I asked Jon earlier but didn't get the answer that I was looking for so I will ask you. Our paychecks now show hours worked and guarantee hours for our runner/gunners who work less than 8 hours but get paid the guarantee. For example, I have a co-worker who generally only works 6-6.5 hours each day but gets paid for 8. Will this affect these employees when it comes to compute their pensions? I know that taking dead days will but am not sure about working less than 8.

Not sure when you started seeing this but i know some locals get paid an additional 10 to 15 min, depending on how many years you have been around, and if they work 8 or 8.5 hours, that paid unworked time is reflected in their paycheck stub, this has been that way for quite a while, i know ups is monitoring all worked verses paid hours. to answer your question i am not sure if the unworked hours affect the pension.

deleted9

Thanks for worrying about me, my plans to retire at the age of 50 are still on track. My penions fund does not have an hours worked clause and it spells out that any employee off work for 1 month gets contributions for an off the job injury and any employee hurt on the job gets their pension paid for 12 months. Im local 705 if you would like to research a little more that way you dont come off as a total idiot.

Please come again

Believe me, i am not worrying about you , you think you know it all, you profess to be mr teamster, mr ups hater, mr i am helping my teamster brothers, who are you kidding, you can't even get yourself back to work, i know your type, dealt with them before, you claim you give advice tell people what they should and should not do, some poor ups employee is drowning and you describe the water to them, or some poor employee is in big trouble on fire and you are pouring gas on them claiming its water, by the way, i have forgotten more about ups than you will ever know.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Thanks for worrying about me, my plans to retire at the age of 50 are still on track. My penions fund does not have an hours worked clause and it spells out that any employee off work for 1 month gets contributions for an off the job injury and any employee hurt on the job gets their pension paid for 12 months. Im local 705 if you would like to research a little more that way you dont come off as a total idiot.

Please come again

that any employee off work for 1 month gets contributions for an off the job injury.

Red, who makes the contribution for an off the job injury? Company or the local?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Believe me, i am not worrying about you , you think you know it all, you profess to be mr teamster, mr ups hater, mr i am helping my teamster brothers, who are you kidding, you can't even get yourself back to work, i know your type, dealt with them before, you claim you give advice tell people what they should and should not do, some poor ups employee is drowning and you describe the water to them, or some poor employee is in big trouble on fire and you are pouring gas on them claiming its water, by the way, i have forgotten more about ups than you will ever know.

I have not missed any appointments, its not me dragging this out, but at $1200 a week im living a little more comfortable. Lets not forget that I still have 5 weeks of vacation to use plus 3 optional days when I do go back. lol

rod

Retired 22 years
I have not missed any appointments, its not me dragging this out, but at $1200 a week im living a little more comfortable. Lets not forget that I still have 5 weeks of vacation to use plus 3 optional days when I do go back. lol

Anyone on comp soon discovers that it isn't all that easy to get back to work. Doctors will keep you on it for as long as they can because its easy money for them and they are reluctant to sign off on anyone. Just because you say you want to get back to work don't mean they will give you the ok. They whole system is screwed up.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Anyone on comp soon discovers that it isn't all that easy to get back to work. Doctors will keep you on it for as long as they can because its easy money for them and they are reluctant to sign off on anyone. Just because you say you want to get back to work don't mean they will give you the ok. They whole system is screwed up.

Rod, in this case, everything and I mean everything has been denied only to be approved later. Im nowhere near ready to even attempt to go back to work, still a lot of pain down the leg and back, plus 45 lbs heavier because I cannot do any activity.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm on your side Red. I wouldn't wish back pain on my worst enemy. Been there with the pain running down the leg thing. Laid in traction with my head strapped to a table and 125 lbs of weight strapped to my waist to stretch me out. No fun at all. Hang in there and I hope they find a solution to your problem soon. I was lucky. I haven't had any problems since that one time but I do watch how much I lift at one time a lot closer now. Liberty Mutual and UPS tried to make me feel like I was the biggest slug in the world back then. Up until I screwd my back up I hadn't missed one day of work in 17 years but as soon as I was put on work comp that didn't mean anything. The day my center manager called me at home and told me to get my lying ass back to work was the official day I lost all respect for UPS and it became just a process of getting my 30 in and getting out. :peaceful:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
i believe you are correct, if someone has been out 4 months already there is no way they are making 1800 hours by the end of the year at this point, so just add another work year to your retirement plan
Even if someone missed 4 months (at least here), you get 8 months of credit which could easily be 9 or 10 months with overtime. Did you believe if you don't make 1800 hours you don't get any pension credit at all? LOL

jalnar

Hello Dont you remember those great PCMs that we will go after the gravey and let competition take what we dont want, What a mistake. We should have gone for the kill and taken it all. If we would have done this Fed Ex as we know today would not be the same company We can still do this but the people higher on the food chain have lost touch with reality.We drivers are the backbone of UPS and always will be