Teamsters Shell Out $2.9 Million To Settle Discrimination Lawsuit!

Thebrownblob

Most members aren't aware that the people in the organizing dept don't pay dues. They are on a leave

of absence from their Teamster job and are considered "at will" employees. A member of my Local worked

for the dept for a number of years. When they tried to organize themselves.... they were all let go. By Hoffa.

To claim racial discrimination is absolute BS.

For Sean to say they were "bad apples and lazy" is probably correct. Heard too many stories.
I have no doubt he was correct, although he probably should’ve chose his words better because they used Them against him to paint a picture that was not correct. I’m sure he learned.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

IMG_7507.gif

IMG_7506.gif

What'dyabringmetoday???

Most members aren't aware that the people in the organizing dept don't pay dues. They are on a leave

of absence from their Teamster job and are considered "at will" employees. A member of my Local worked

for the dept for a number of years. When they tried to organize themselves.... they were all let go. By Hoffa.

For Sean to say they were "bad apples and lazy" is probably correct. Heard too many stories.
Fascinating!

What'dyabringmetoday???

So is it like that everywhere? (No need to answer)

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So is it like that everywhere? (No need to answer)

Ah.... but yet I will.

I was specifically addressing the IBT organizing dept.

Some Locals hire full-time organizers, or assign a BA (with a very few members to represent) with the bulk of

their assignment being organizing. Developing leads is a "tuff nut" to crack and can be very frustrating.

textat3

Racial discrimination from an organization led by an Irish Catholic from Boston….that would never happen…not in my lifetime.