Teamsters to meet August 9, to discuss contract. UNACCEPTABLE!!

Crumudgeon

POW-MIA.. never forget...
Our Union just released a statement that they will be meeting August 9th to discuss the Freight agreement. Our old contract is up on July 31. This is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!! They make a handshake "agreement" then keep it secret, they allow a contract extension without any input from the people who they represent, and pay them. I urge all to express their extreme displeasure with this whole process. Call your Local, call your B A, call anybody who will listen, {and if they don't listen, call them again}. Demand that they release details of this contact NOW!!!!!! I was told by my BA, "It's not perfect, but it's the best we have ever had", in my opinion that scares the @%it out of me. I am totally disgusted at the timeline we are being force-fed....

Crumudgeon

Really??? Not one comment? Not one "agree, like", anything? Seems like no one friggin' cares? I've got 34 weeks till I am out of here. Best of luck to ya all.....

Crumudgeon

Were getting it up the wazoo. We should be marching on the Union Hall with pitchforks and torches... At least small pak seems to have some interest in their future... I had hoped my last contract would be a good one, but,,, oh well....

Crumudgeon

As a Steward, I would love to try, unfortunately they are releasing no official information, and my BA was on the negotiating committee... "Can't comment till National Meeting", horse$***.....

Last edited by a moderator:

jagger john

Our Union just released a statement that they will be meeting August 9th to discuss the Freight agreement. Our old contract is up on July 31. This is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!! They make a handshake "agreement" then keep it secret, they allow a contract extension without any input from the people who they represent, and pay them. I urge all to express their extreme displeasure with this whole process. Call your Local, call your B A, call anybody who will listen, {and if they don't listen, call them again}. Demand that they release details of this contact NOW!!!!!! I was told by my BA, "It's not perfect, but it's the best we have ever had", in my opinion that scares the @%it out of me. I am totally disgusted at the timeline we are being force-fed....
ups driver are contract sucks to vote noooooooooooooooooooo

Crumudgeon

Disgraceful, lots of chest beating in the beginning, total cave in at the end... A yes vote is a sell-out to our future... NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maxicoze

Could someone explain the two-tier system the company wants to use?

i know what two-tier is, i'm just not clear specifically, numbers-wise, how the company wants to implement this?

Crumudgeon

To cap new hires at a different pay scale as compared to ones hired before a certain date.. Goes against the core of Union values in my humble opinion....