Teamsters/UPS 401k

Keep it there.. Very low cost, although you are unable to add to it ... I would suggest putting in a low risk plan they have for soon to be or retired people.

incorrect, 55 rule, I know from experience,you are guessing like most people here and of course from what a friend said. Smh. There are not many ways. Lmao. 591/2 is the only rule except the 55 exception
It's like deja vu.

oldngray

nowhere special
It's like deja vu.
dejavualloveragain.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
No, they're all gone. Why, was 1909 your birth year?

Nope---1909 s vdb , and maybe 3 more are the only pennies I'm missing from years ago when I collected pennies, nickels and dimes. About a month ago I got a steel 1943 penny in change. Why it was still in circulation is anyones guess. I would say some kid got into his grandpa's coin collection. Back in about the mid 90's I got a dozen or so Mercury dimes at a bank on my route.

Nope---1909 s vdb , and maybe 3 more are the only pennies I'm missing from years ago when I collected pennies, nickels and dimes. About a month ago I got a steel 1943 penny in change. Why it was still in circulation is anyones guess. I would say some kid got into his grandpa's coin collection. Back in about the mid 90's I got a dozen or so Mercury dimes at a bank on my route.
1922 plain, 1931S and the 1955 double die?

ManInBrown

I hear bitcoin has Been the hottest thing in the last 7 years. $100 worth in 2010 is worth over $74 mil

P.S.....this is not an endorsement.
I'm very familiar with BC. Your statement is accurate. The problem is in 2010 I would have been next to impossible to get your hands on $100.00 worth. The avenues to purchase BC when it first started up were few and far between. It's very easy to buy today thru places like CoinBase. CoinBase didn't exist when 1BC was pennies. Now 1BC is $2575.00

rod

Retired 22 years
1922 plain, 1931S and the 1955 double die?

You made me go look. Its been a long time since I opened up the coin collection books.

1909-s
1909 s-vdb
1914-d
1931-s

In the would of numismatics the 1922 plain and the 55 double die are considered "error coins' and aren't part of a true "date" collection. I don't have either of those.

You made me go look. Its been a long time since I opened up the coin collection books.

1909-s
1909 s-vdb
1914-d
1931-s

In the would of numismatics the 1922 plain and the 55 double die are considered "error coins' and aren't part of a true "date" collection. I don't have either of those.
The 14D is in if the mist counterfeited coins.

A good eye can pick that one off

rod

Retired 22 years
The 14D is in if the mist counterfeited coins.

A good eye can pick that one off

A 6th grade school teacher got my older brother into coin collecting when he brought a 1909 s-vdb to school and passed it around to his class. He had found it in his change. My brother lost interest in it and sold me what coins he had for face value. I got my Dad interest in it and he would bring all the change from the cash register where he work4ed home and we would go through it at night. That is how I found most of my collection. This was back in the early 60's. I didn't dawn on my until later how trusting his boss was. We had a druggist in town who bought all the parking meter change from the city and he was THE collector of our area. He had a display case in his drug store where he sold his good stuff. I could never afford it.

A 6th grade school teacher got my older brother into coin collecting when he brought a 1909 s-vdb to school and passed it around to his class. He had found it in his change. My brother lost interest in it and sold me what coins he had for face value. I got my Dad interest in it and he would bring all the change from the cash register where he work4ed home and we would go through it at night. That is how I found most of my collection. This was back in the early 60's. I didn't dawn on my until later how trusting his boss was. We had a druggist in town who bought all the parking meter change from the city and he was THE collector of our area. He had a display case in his drug store where he sold his good stuff. I could never afford it.
I had a 16D Mercury and a 77 Indian Head. Wish I had them back.

I've got a complete collection of Buffalo Nickels (no 3-legged). Trouble is a lot of the key dates are acid dipped coins and aren't worth anything in the collector world (unless you are buying them).
You have to learn how to grade them. The 1913 type I e is usually under graded. It had a high relief date and it wore off fast.