Teamsters/UPS 401k

Catatonic

Nine Lives
How much is the penalty if you withdraw before 59 1/2???
The penalty is 10% but there are many exemptions to the penalty.
I did not investigate it very far because I did not need to withdraw any.
401k deductions are taxed at the tax rate for standard wages and at your marginal tax rate ... probably over 20% for most friend/T UPSers.
I don't plan to access my 401k until I have to.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I'm working right now
IMG_2298.GIF

The penalty is 10% but there are many exemptions to the penalty.
I did not investigate it very far because I did not need to withdraw any.
401k deductions are taxed at the tax rate for standard wages and at your marginal tax rate ... probably over 20% for most friend/T UPSers.
I don't plan to access my 401k until I have to.
72-t will get you out of the penalty

Rule 72(t)

brownelf

Actually I wish the locals would have planners come talk to us once or twice a year. But they want us depending on their pensions.
Our local has brought in a financial planner once a year for as long as I remember. Perhaps you could ask at your next Union meeting if your local could do the same.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

59 1/2 is when one can start withdrawing without penalty.
70 1/2 is when you have to start withdrawing.
Incorrect...no penalty if ur 55 and up when you retire if its a company plan. Google the 55 rule

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Off topic a little, but I will ask anyway. I turned 59 a couple of weeks ago and do I have to do anything with my Prudential account in six months? I need to talk to my investment guy. I am wondering if I can keep my balance where it is or do I need to figure out something better to do with it. I increased my withholding to 20% to pad it just a little more while I still can.
Keep it there.. Very low cost, although you are unable to add to it ... I would suggest putting in a low risk plan they have for soon to be or retired people.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Off topic a little, but I will ask anyway. I turned 59 a couple of weeks ago and do I have to do anything with my Prudential account in six months? I need to talk to my investment guy. I am wondering if I can keep my balance where it is or do I need to figure out something better to do with it. I increased my withholding to 20% to pad it just a little more while I still can.
Keep it there.. Very low cost, although you are unable to add to it ... I would suggest putting in a low risk plan they have for soon to be or retired people.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Off topic a little, but I will ask anyway. I turned 59 a couple of weeks ago and do I have to do anything with my Prudential account in six months? I need to talk to my investment guy. I am wondering if I can keep amy balance where it is or do I need to figure out something better to do with it. I increased my withholding to 20% to pad it just a little more while I still can.