Telematics, what if?

I GOT ONE MORE

Telematics has not been fully implemented at my facility yet. I have read some very good threads here, about what to expect. Particularly, the post by sober on "telematics.. the reality" Thanks for those insightful posts.
I have to ask those of you who are experiencing this first hand for more details, just for the "fun" of it.

It seems a lot of this technology is based on the wheels moving. I'm guessing the DIAD doesn't know it has pulled pulled from the holder, unless a button is keyed to power up??

What if you are stopped at a traffic light? Are you good to handle the DIAD then?

Does the DIAD provide a GPS fix all the time? Only when powered up? At the stop complete?

I'm sure there are some other "what if's"?

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years
Here's what we were told about the DIAD and Telematics:

-If you stop complete either a delivery or pickup while the motor is on or the wheels are turning, it will generate a report. I tested this by shutting off the engine and stop completing while coasting, and got a talking-to the next day. BTW this also applies to a stop that has been completed already - if you go in and edit or just look at it then stop complete you will register;
-As far as I know nothing happens if you use the DIAD while the vehicle is running, as long as you don't stop complete something. Scrolling through EDD does not register with Telematics that I know of. I'm not sure whether this would apply if you receive or respond to an ODS message while the motor's running, never got around to testing this;
-I'm pretty sure the DIAD is GPS-visible at all times;
-If they tell you don't use the DIAD while the vehicle is running, don't do it. This applies to traffic lights as well. Believe me when I tell you they are serious about compliance. Also it's a bad habit, you should be concentrating on driving.

I just transferred to a center without Telematics. Word is that we won't be getting it until 2011! Back to my old nefarious ways and bad habits!