Tell H to debate

How long before the event?

It's a national contract with regional and local supplements.

That's a lot of pages to go over.

So how much time?

(You make out like they had plenty of time, were you guessing about that?)
No Einstein it's legit. They had all kinds of time but the lacked in testicles and had Political adjendas in mind so they played their gutless cards. I wouldn't doubt Suckerman knew he s members would lose things in the end and pissing them off made it easier for him to go after the GP position that he was the second choice for.

Inthegame

So how much time?

I'm am guessing as to whether either guy can read, but I suspect they can. Several days before the two man copies were available and one of those fellows showed up with a copy. They read it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Copies of the proposed CBA were available before the event. I don't know how quickly either fellow can read, but I know one had a copy. Regardless both of these savvy negotiators could easily discern inadequacies in the three hour presentation and I suspect could have formed a rudimentary question if their desire was to improve the agreement by pointing out the shortfalls. But if another agenda was in play, then of course keeping quiet was their best move.
Or maybe they just couldn't hear from the back row they occupied.

LMAO :biggrin:.

Anyone, who has been to a 2-man.... (for anything) could verify this.

-Bug-

Spongebob1

• Local 89 Stewards, Agents and Executive Board Recommend NO Vote On Proposed UPS National Master Agreement and Central Region Supplement
    lg-share-en.gif

DSCF2141.jpg
    In a meeting today with all Local 89 stewards from UPS Ground, Feeder, and Air divisions, the Executive Board reported its conclusion that both the UPS National Master Agreement and the Central Region Supplement were not worthy of ratification by the membership. The announcement was followed by a motion by the attending members to reject the two substandard agreements. The motion was unanimously approved by all 77 stewards in attendance.

Among others issues with the proposed agreement, the following changes and additions motivated the motion to reject:

Economic
    • The raises contained in the agreement, both hourly and mileage rates, fall below the guaranteed increases in the 2008-13 Contract.
    • There has been no solid information on how the move from the company health plans to Central States will affect members.
    • There are no pension increases in the first four years. The fifth year contains an increase of only $5.00.
    • The 4-year progression contained in the proposed agreement is entirely unacceptable to members moving into full-time positions.
    • The penalty pay language contained in Article 17 is concessionary, raising the dollar amount on pay shortages.
    • There are no protections on full-time positions.
    • The starting wage continues to be substandard and continues to subject our newest members to poverty.

Non-Economic
    • 9.5 language falls very short of fixing the problem and does not protect members with less than four years of seniority.
    • The proposed Article 37 language does nothing to fix harassment issues.
    • Article 14 language will result in job loss for members who cannot return to work in three years.
    • The problems with Surepost have not been fully addressed. Package Car routes will continue to be depleted.

The changes and additions in the Central Region Supplement were also reviewed with the stewards. Throughout the reading and explanations of the new language, there was an audible discomfort with proposed agreement. The responses ranged from outrage to disbelief regarding the many harmful changes contained in the supplement.

The finding of the Executive Board and the motion by the membership to reject the proposed Central Region Supplement were based on some of the following:
    • The extension of seasonals is detrimental to newly hired employees.
    • There is extremely harmful language in Article 3 where it is stated seniority will be broken if a member has reached "maximum medical improvement from an on or off the job injury or illness if at that time they still cannot perform the essential functions of job".
    • Article 19 language on single-day vacation coverage drivers could prevent part-time members from obtaining full-time.
    • The language changes in Article 17 are particularly harmful to the members. Members in the Air Operations, are particularly at risk under the changes in Section (d) which make an aircraft strike, regardless of dollar amount, a terminable offense. Prior, Local 89 followed the now removed “$4400” language contained in the Central. In addition, Changes to Section 17(i) give the Company nearly limitless power to define “other serious offenses”. This will lead to even more members throughout the UPS system losing their jobs to an unrestrained company.
    Galvanized by the disappointment in the two proposed agreements, stewards in all divisions pledged to stand together in solidarity to support each other in their fight for fair agreements. Currently, the Louisville Air Rider is still being negotiated. Talks with the Company are at a virtual standstill with the future and livelihoods of Air District Teamsters in limbo. Throughout the room, there was a consensus among Ground and Feeder stewards that they would continue to support their Air District sisters and brothers in whatever manner necessary to deliver a fair Louisville Air Supplement.

I agree with how FZ handled this, smart move in my book!

Don't let these Hof supporters ruffle your feathers, they have an agenda too!

It's called "saving my job"

You're a smart kid, and I believe I met you when I was in Louisville,... Hey bring those phone books to Vegas so Pinkbelly can borrow them, he's gonna need them from the back, he's an alternate,.....he's also short, and petite,... I find men who are short and little have that disease called, "little man with big mouth syndrome" :)

Hang in there, you guys in Louisville rock!!!

Brown Spider

You sound to me brown spider like a guy who has all the answers. You sit back from your 804 perch not being a member of any eboard or an elected official saying everything everyone shoulda would coulda done. Why haven't you have ever stepped up. Not that your constant ranting isn't helping your fellow members in local804. It's not letting you leep out of the shadows of anonymity and tried to do something anything to help instead of Monday morning quarterbacking it all from right here on this 50 thousand watt powerhouse called the brown cafe. You've wasted you long career as a union man. So many answers so little known accomplishments. Kinda sad. You coulda been somebody instead letting guys like Tim have the limelight. Huh I guess it's easier to be the dark shadows than the fat man.

You make an awful lot of assumptions Belly, and I haven't seen you right yet.

1) I don't have all the answers but I have formed what I consider to be valid opinions over many years.

2) My "804 perch"? You're really reaching there, Belly.

3) I've stepped up many times over many years and I've never regretted it. Anonymity has been a luxury that I haven't
always been able to enjoy but I'll take it when I can get it. That may be what I like most about BC!

4) Haven't wasted so much as a minute in my "long career as a union man" and my "little known" accomplishments have been
very well known to the members who were affected by them.

You're the one taking the easy way out, Belly. Anyone who doesn't agree with you is immediately labeled TDU. That's a nice world you live in where all adversaries fit nicely into the same pigeonhole. It just doesn't work that way. I've found that those whose positions are not in accord with my own in some matters often have similar positions to my own in other matters. In fact, I was surprised to see that you and I both support the same Democratic candidate for President. I think that coincidence is more in sync with how the real world works. Very few people are 100% right and very few people are 100% wrong. That being said, in my opinion the current GP may actually fit into the latter category. And as I've stated, he's made some poor decisions over the years that may have been less controversial had he owned up to them.

BTW...that would be "leap out of the shadows", not "leep out of the shadows". (Couldn't resist)

You make an awful lot of assumptions Belly, and I haven't seen you right yet.

1) I don't have all the answers but I have formed what I consider to be valid opinions over many years.

2) My "804 perch"? You're really reaching there, Belly.

3) I've stepped up many times over many years and I've never regretted it. Anonymity has been a luxury that I haven't
always been able to enjoy but I'll take it when I can get it. That may be what I like most about BC!

4) Haven't wasted so much as a minute in my "long career as a union man" and my "little known" accomplishments have been
very well known to the members who were affected by them.

You're the one taking the easy way out, Belly. Anyone who doesn't agree with you is immediately labeled TDU. That's a nice world you live in where all adversaries fit nicely into the same pigeonhole. It just doesn't work that way. I've found that those whose positions are not in accord with my own in some matters often have similar positions to my own in other matters. In fact, I was surprised to see that you and I both support the same Democratic candidate for President. I think that coincidence is more in sync with how the real world works. Very few people are 100% right and very few people are 100% wrong. That being said, in my opinion the current GP may actually fit into the latter category. And as I've stated, he's made some poor decisions over the years that may have been less controversial had he owned up to them.

BTW...that would be "leap out of the shadows", not "leep out of the shadows". (Couldn't resist)
site obvious you haven't wasted your time as a union man. Were you ever an English professor.

I don't believe I've ever called you TDU. Can you show me where I've called you TDU? Mayb I'm wrong but I don't think I did. Anyway keep up the great punctuation anf feel the bern why you can because it's about to sadly go out.

LagunaBrown

image.jpeg

So how much time?

The guys in the west had the foresight to speak up and have an MOU put in wrighting so they could create their own carve out. What did Z do except complain all the way into teamcare with a "vote no campaign". Z made promises he couldn't keep while AM came through. Why do you think Z tried to bash AM in a letter? It's becase Z looked bad and was trying to save face. Both Z and TS said the MOU was worthless but we all know the truth.

You are an ungrateful person.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    346.9 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What did Z do except complain all the way into Teamcare with a "vote no campaign". Z made promises he couldn't keep.

Before flipflop FZ "left the reservation" (so to speak) he had an ample opportunity

in years past, to address the issues that were magically a concern now.

FZ is campaigning on the "premise" of not sitting on the fence.

Be on one side, or the other.

It's funny....

Flipflop FZ, appears to have built that fence.

-Bug-

Before flipflop FZ "left the reservation" (so to speak) he had an ample opportunity

in years past, to address the issues that were magically a concern now.

FZ is campaigning on the "premise" of not sitting on the fence.

Be on one side, or the other.

It's funny....

Flipflop FZ, appears to have built that fence.

-Bug-
Fred was smart that day. By being a coward sissy he started his Gp campaign full of more holes that Swiss cheese.