Termination

rebel

Should be progressive discipline. Talk with, warning letter, suspensionand then termination. The objective should be to correct the problem. There are cardinal sins which would make for a easy termination. ROLL TIDE ROLL!

muyl2

Should be progressive discipline. Talk with, warning letter, suspensionand then termination. The objective should be to correct the problem. There are cardinal sins which would make for a easy termination. ROLL TIDE ROLL!

I agree with rebel. Good practice. Also Union is not the only reason. Think Walmart, they're non-union. Regular associates are really treated with respect by mgt.(my family works there)

maybrown

is not a woman

I wish they should follow the proper procedure.
They terminated me by phone the next day after
involving an accident.

trickpony1

I wish they should follow the proper procedure.
They terminated me by phone the next day after
involving an accident.

That may be standard procedure to fire a driver after an accident.
When the opposing attorney says the company didn't do anything to it's driver, the company can say, "we fired that driver but the union got his/her job back.".
End of conversation.

rebel

maybrown, Did you get a ticket? Was it a serious accident? Did a ambulance pick anyone up? What I have seen is they bring you in and terminate you on the clock. Get with your steward and BA and go through the grievance procedure.

maybrown

is not a woman
Did you get a ticket? Was it a serious accident? Did a ambulance pick anyone up? What I have seen is they bring you in and terminate you on the clock. Get with your steward and BA and go through the grievance procedure. Good luck!

Thank you! I had my job back with the help from my steward. I had many supports from this board. That's why I love BROWN CAFE!

rolltide_upser

Yeah I did for gross insubordination. All the steps of progressive discipline was done, but the Union still only wants him to serve a one day suspension. The guy is kinda nuts, every time we had a PCM he would curse his supervisor and walk off. But if that was me cursing my employees I would be unemployed. Seems like the union is a blessing and a curse at the same time.....

rebel

You know what happens after a suspension. If he keeps that up his days are numbered. I'm sure there is a lot more to this story.

tieguy

Banned
maybrown, Did you get a ticket? Was it a serious accident? Did a ambulance pick anyone up? What I have seen is they bring you in and terminate you on the clock. Get with your steward and BA and go through the grievance procedure.

She hit someone in the rear and they went to the hospital.

HazMatMan

Yeah I did for gross insubordination. All the steps of progressive discipline was done, but the Union still only wants him to serve a one day suspension. The guy is kinda nuts, every time we had a PCM he would curse his supervisor and walk off. But if that was me cursing my employees I would be unemployed. Seems like the union is a blessing and a curse at the same time.....

If that was you cursing your employess you'd be unemployed?? Are you management?? If so, You are wrong. I have seen cursing on both sides, no terminations...

Overpaid Union Thug

It's hard to terminate employees because the IBT will fight for even the bigges bumb. On one hand it's a good thing that it's difficult to fire someone becuase many people don't deserve it. But on the other hand it sucks because drunks and thieves can get their jobs back. I've personally worked with plenty of people that should have been fired and not allowed to come back but they were never even warned. Probably because the sups knew it was a lost cause.

rebel

It's hard to terminate employees because the IBT will fight for even the bigges bumb. On one hand it's a good thing that it's difficult to fire someone becuase many people don't deserve it. But on the other hand it sucks because drunks and thieves can get their jobs back. I've personally worked with plenty of people that should have been fired and not allowed to come back but they were never even warned. Probably because the sups knew it was a lost cause.

I have never seen a thief come back. I have seen several fired.