Thanks BrownCafe!

I just wanted to recognize and thank BrownCafe for allowing open discussion on union topics. To what I can see they have not censored or discouraged any views from any parties and have only encouraged any open discussions. Thanks again BrownCafe!
East.

anHOURover

I just wanted to recognize and thank BrownCafe for allowing open discussion on union topics. To what I can see they have not censored or discouraged any views from any parties and have only encouraged any open discussions. Thanks again BrownCafe!
East.
Your statements are false. Brown cafe censors a whole lot ... I can't even like a post !!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We don't censor ideas and opinions, as long as discussion can stay somewhat civil. If you can debate your opinion without personal attacks and vulgar language, you are free to do so. Some people can't do this even with repeated warnings.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
We don't censor ideas and opinions, as long as discussion can stay somewhat civil. If you can debate your opinion without personal attacks and vulgar language, you are free to do so. Some people can't do this even with repeated warnings.
i respectively disagree. personal vulgar attacks are commonplace here. Bullying is also very commonplace . maybe that is why the majority of new members do not stick around too long.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
i respectively disagree. personal vulgar attacks are commonplace here. Bullying is also very commonplace . maybe that is why the majority of new members do not stick around too long.
The personal vulgar attacks need to be reported, they are removed and that's why some members find themselves in moderation. I know that personally I only read about three of the forums on a regular basis. The back and forth arguing in Current Events and the Union Forums where most of the problems are simply don't interest me. I agree that bullying, especially towards new members, is a problem that drives some away.