Thanksgiving week

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
We get 8 hours of holiday pay for black Friday. Since we are working on a UPS holiday, in our supplement, we get double time for working a holiday. Any OT is triple time (1.5 x double time). So, when you factor in the holiday pay, we get paid triple time all day long.

That’s not triple time. Why do people insist on calling it that? If you stayed home you’d make 8 hours. Don’t add it to your workday. You’re getting it either way.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That’s not triple time. Why do people insist on calling it that? If you stayed home you’d make 8 hours. Don’t add it to your workday. You’re getting it either way.
Also OT doesn't pyramid.

So you get double time for all hours worked. Not 1.5x double time after 8.

Siveriano

for what i hear we are one of the last if not the last local that still gets black friday as a holiday.

Lots of drivers talking about not coming to work that day. (me included)

JustDeliverIt

for what i hear we are one of the last if not the last local that still gets black friday as a holiday.

Lots of drivers talking about not coming to work that day. (me included)

They took it out in our supplemental this year. They want to give us one rover for it. We feel it's worth two because of the pay structure. One of the big reasons our local told us to vote down the supplemental.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They took it out in our supplemental this year. They want to give us one rover for it. We feel it's worth two because of the pay structure. One of the big reasons our local told us to vote down the supplemental.
Yep that's the way I've always looked at it. If they are willing to pay double time it's worth 2 holidays or option days.