The 2nd S. Carolina Debate 8 PM eastern on CNN

moreluck

golden ticket member
OMG !! Newt came out with 2 AK47's shooting....verbally of course.The CNN guy made the first question about Newt's ex wife and the story going viral. He got a double standing ovation !! Go Newt!

moreluck

golden ticket member
45 mins. gone and Santorum gets kind of testy with the Newt & Mitt..........a little red in the face frustrated. Ron Paul did mention that he's the only veteran on stage now. He made some good points on medicine and Obamacare.....and gov't involvement not being needed.

moreluck

golden ticket member
1 hr and 15 minutes gone.......3/4 of the panel dead set against that piracy bill. Santorum was against it mostly....but said there should be a way to stop the off shore type stealing.

klein

Für Meno :)
I'm surprised Ron Paul didn't get boo'd when asked about SOPA, that he joined the democrats to fight against it, and that republicans are on the wrong side of it.

Paul is a good honest man ! I think that's why he's liked.
He says what it is, period !

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm surprised Ron Paul didn't get boo'd when asked about SOPA, that he joined the democrats to fight against it, and that republicans are on the wrong side of it.

Paul is a good honest man ! I think that's why he's liked.
He says what it is, period !
He also added that he liked the softening of the GOP opinion....they may have been on the wrong side at first, but had come together with Ron's opinion and he thought it was a good example of "crossing the aisle" to get things done.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I only heard the first part. go Newt, and commendations to Romney when he said lets talk of real issues.
Ill hear the rest tonight after hubby goes to bed.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I give it to Mitt & Newt. Santorum was too whiney and nit-pickey!
Ron Paul doesn't have a presidential personality......too grouchy....but we could use him in regards to foreign aid.

They made too much to-do about the income tax reveals. I thought at first that maybe Mitt was the only one who hadn't showed his........turns out 3 of the 4 have not submitted their income tax returns.....and Newt only turned his in an hour before the debate.

The fact that they all had to turn in their financials should be enough for now.

klein

I think NEWT fell behind. I see Sani & Ron Paul as winners. (but sadly enough, Ron is too old to win)
Atleast I liked them the best.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I made a point of watching this to try to learn more about Rick Santorum and I have to say that I like what I saw. He clearly admits he is not the flashiest candidate and that he doesn't have the resources of Romney or Gingrich but he does have substance. Ron Paul will be the next to fall by the wayside, which is a shame as he has the one thing the other three lack---common sense.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Romney does release his tax returns.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I made a point of watching this to try to learn more about Rick Santorum and I have to say that I like what I saw. He clearly admits he is not the flashiest candidate and that he doesn't have the resources of Romney or Gingrich but he does have substance. Ron Paul will be the next to fall by the wayside, which is a shame as he has the one thing the other three lack---common sense.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Romney does release his tax returns.

Romney did not say he would release his tax returns, he said he probably would. He said that very clearly multiple times, for a reason. He'll do everything in his power to hide where his wealth is being held and hidden away.

He's a stooge and a liar who will say "Believe in America" in one breathe, taking credit for creating 100,000 mostly throw-away part-time jobs as staples and sports authority, then shovel millions into offshore accounts.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Romney did not say he would release his tax returns, he said he probably would. He said that very clearly multiple times, for a reason. He'll do everything in his power to hide where his wealth is being held and hidden away.

He's a stooge and a liar who will say "Believe in America" in one breathe, taking credit for creating 100,000 mostly throw-away part-time jobs as staples and sports authority, then shovel millions into offshore accounts.

This is what the republican establishment "KNOWS" full well. They know that his offshore holdings will be a death blow to Romney, and he hopes to hide this information until after he becomes the nominee, but what he is not counting on is the democrats destroying him with that info once hes the nominee.

This is what NEWT is trying to say.

Release them now before later on finding out that he cant win because he will show he pays ZERO taxes on most of his wealth.

That isnt capitalism, its executive priviledge. While regular americans are suffering and paying 29%, he glorifys his money making skills and making millions in UNTAXED money.

Also, the examination of Romneys tax plan are out, and the poor get hit hard, the middle class see a 2% rate cut and the rich get a whopping 15% tax cut!

How do the middle class and working poor benefit from this??

Peace.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
aria120111x_cmyk.c68ebwcdzrnu888og4kk8k80o.6uwurhykn3a1q8w88k040cs08.th_.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member

Will you be surprised that he's rich ???
Santorum comes across to me as the whiney kid on the playground who cries, "You didn't follow the rules!"

klein

My honest opinion is : Romney will NOT win on Saturday in SC ! Period !
Comes down to the other 3, and Sani might just pull it off.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Why don't you fault Ron Paul and Santorum....both of whom didn't release their taxes either. Newt only released his an hour before the debate. All of them have released their financials.
I understand Mitt's reluctance. People are already screaming because he gave stock as part of his tithe to the church. People in every walk of life give stock to church.....we did.

There's nothing wrong with being successful and the Democrats are lurking like vultures to pick apart his tax returns. If Mitt paid his taxes according to the law, then they can't pick on him for being a success. They probably won't even glance at Ron Paul's.

klein

Who did the live audience boo yesterday regarding taxes ? Only Romney.
Paul was honest, he has so little bit, he would be embarressed.
Sani was honest, too. Said he has very little money to even participate in this run, unlike the millions Newt and Romney have.

Everybody knows, Sani and Paul are playing by the rule book, and paying their fair share of taxes.
In the other hand is Romney, that we all know isn't paying his fair share, after openly admitting his taxes are closer to the 15% range.