TCD being forced to work more than Full Timers. Any recourse?

meritocracy

My girlfriend's husband has the same issue. In all seriousness, maybe try a different business agent or talk to one of the leaders of the local and explain the situation?

542thruNthru

I'm so glad we don't have TCD here and what's this about DQ she is not qualifying?
My opinion on how to treat the company: Don't drive for them much unless progression wages are on the table, like a free trial period. There is plenty of inside work to do instead. It's like quitting but they still have to fund your pension. Win/win
Here Cover Driver's are PT. If you want to stop driving and just go back to working PT you can what we call DQ yourself. It just means you're quiting cover driver and have to wait the contractual time to do it again.

charm299

Here Cover Driver's are PT. If you want to stop driving and just go back to working PT you can what we call DQ yourself. It just means you're quiting cover driver and have to wait the contractual time to do it again.
Where I’m at, a tcd can turn down driving twice a month. After that they go to the back of the seniority list until the beginning of the next month when it goes back to your normal seniority spot.

542thruNthru

Where I’m at, a tcd can turn down driving twice a month. After that they go to the back of the seniority list until the beginning of the next month when it goes back to your normal seniority spot.
Southern? Here you're scheduled and show up or "DQ" and go back to working PT. Though they have to be scheduled the week before. They can't just call the day before.

charm299

Southern? Here you're scheduled and show up or "DQ" and go back to working PT. Though they have to be scheduled the week before. They can't just call the day before.
Yeah, southern. At my center u get called daily. The higher seniority guys are even on standby for call ins and don’t have to go to preload.

2Down2Many2Go

I'm so glad we don't have TCD here and what's this about DQ she is not qualifying?
My opinion on how to treat the company: Don't drive for them much unless progression wages are on the table, like a free trial period. There is plenty of inside work to do instead. It's like quitting but they still have to fund your pension. Win/win
You're not quitting lmao, caught bye the golden handcuffs lol