The best things about ups

DS

Fenderbender
I know we all have our complaints,but what about the good things about working for them?
The biggest one for me is...
NO INVENTORY...EVER!
I worked at a lot of jobs before ups and the one thing everyone dreaded was inventory.

Mike Hawk

I have to inventory all the hazmat supplies at the begening and end of each day when I do clerk. From what I hear about how big CASH is I bet there is some unlucky supe that has to inventory all the stuff used to run a big hub.

Oh and things I like, being able to make the on road look like a fool when he hands me a buisness split that will be delivered after pickups because he put it onto a route that has 3 trucks, and its on the last truck.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I dont have to smile. I was let go of 3 jobs because I didnt smile enough.

I like the fact that if you do your job you never have to talk to your boss.
I see my supervisor maybe once a week just to see if I missed any useful info from any of the pcm`s I didnt attend

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I enjoy being a driver because I get to work on my own without a supervisor constantly telling me what to do. But the best part that I like is dealing with my customers. Of course the the benefits aren't too shabby either......:happy2:

tups

I enjoy being a driver because I get to work on my own without a supervisor constantly telling me what to do. But the best part that I like is dealing with my customers. Of course the the benefits aren't too shabby either......:happy2:

Not sure what company you work for but in my center no matter how the job is done, the management is always saying something to us. And it is almost never something like thanks for helping xxx driver today, good job getting that sales lead, but more like why were you over paid yesterday? Why can't you make 9.5 ...... you need more sales leads, you delivered too late there, too early to that place, blah blah blah. We never go a day without something being said to us. However since we got a new on-car a few weeks ago, there has been much less said to us. And for the best things about UPS? Salary and benefits. Admit it, if it weren't for those, most of us would not be here.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
tups,
They say all those things to us too. The point I was trying to make is that I don't have a job where I sit in a little cubicle and have someone looking over my shoulder all day. I have been around quite a long time, and don't require constant reminders of how to do my job. I work for a new OnCar too. He has been FT for less than a year and is probably half my age. If I do see him before I hit the road, he looks at his little paper he runs around with and tells me things like "Good job yesterday" and "I appreciate you". I doubt this will last long, but I am enjoying it for now!

tups

I hear ya Scratch. Just that sometimes in my center it feels like there is always someone looking over our shoulders!

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
Seeing all my dog friends tjat wait for treats everyday. Pension, paycheck and benefits (tho I haven't really used them that much, I try to stay away from doctors and hospitals)

filthpig

Strangely enough, as much as I bitch, I really don't mind it here. The thought of being in a cube all day or having to attend a conference call to yak about "TPS reports" gives me the runs. Good pay, relative security, benefits for the family and pretty good people to work with. I guess the Playboy photographer and the quality control guy at the distillery have me beat, but not many others.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I know we all have our complaints,but what about the good things about working for them?
The biggest one for me is...
NO INVENTORY...EVER!
I worked at a lot of jobs before ups and the one thing everyone dreaded was inventory.

The good thing for you. Not a good thing for everyone, though.

The good thing for me; not climbing in and out of a 1000 every day. Another good thing for me - being my/our own boss, and having fresh coffee right in our office whenver we want, anytime.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
good things...

1. i don't have a quarterly or yearly review with my supervisor to discuss my performance/lack of performance.
2. i don't have to negotiate or ask for a performance bonus or raise every year. the union takes care of that for me.

who ever thought that shipping packages could be such a lucrative business? ups must have money coming out its ears.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
Strangely enough, as much as I bitch, I really don't mind it here. The thought of being in a cube all day or having to attend a conference call to yak about "TPS reports" gives me the runs. Good pay, relative security, benefits for the family and pretty good people to work with. I guess the Playboy photographer and the quality control guy at the distillery have me beat, but not many others.

well said, filth. i concur!