the bonus takes away from our union

cachmeifucan

With a $300 bonus that comes out to be about $23 an hour. I think its more like people with 15 years are making less than new hires.
Your right here they get 10.35 a hour then a 200 or 300 show up to work bonus depending on the shift you work part of me is actually happy ups is now a better job for the younger generation I actually see the quality of workers and retention go way up. They were also told they are ENTITLED (ha)
To Back Pay For THEORY 2.65 A Hour For the Back Pay Difference To 13 A Hour.wow More Like 25 A Hour If they Work 25 hours

BrownRecycler

Our dues are 2.5 our hourly rate so if someone gets a bonus they not paying enough taking away from our union. People getting bonus should be paying more in dues instead of paying less then someone with 5 years

Union dues is based off of wage not bonus. It is upsetting that people are getting $300 a week. There are plenty of unhappy people about that.

Oh, and I learn that I am not getting the $1 a year increase. My wage is following the UPS pay grade not the union contract because of garbage language. So, they are giving me 20 cents a year increase instead.

Days

Union dues is based off of wage not bonus. It is upsetting that people are getting $300 a week. There are plenty of unhappy people about that.

Oh, and I learn that I am not getting the $1 a year increase. My wage is following the UPS pay grade not the union contract because of garbage language. So, they are giving me 20 cents a year increase instead.

Need to bid for a better position.

BrownRecycler

If a company can afford to pay 2-300$ a week in bonus, they can afford to pay PT'ers a higher basic wage.

What the worse can happen?

They have to show up every day of the week except the off day of each week.

You keep the employee to stay within the company longer than some people. Seasonal workers will quit UPS any way or maybe UPS trolling people for under-paid wage and expect people to quit any way.

What is UPS got to lose? They might be thinking. Dang, we have to pay that much for this person?

The Range

In too deep
If a company can afford to pay 2-300$ a week in bonus, they can afford to pay PT'ers a higher basic wage.

Consider you now make more as a 1-year employee than 6-year, as a part-timer. This breeds animosity towards the union and there is already enough to go around. The bonus has multiple purposes including fostering further division. Our leadership needs to go as soon as possible as the damage being done will be felt for decades. Observing the totality of actions by our "leadership", this looks like sabotage across the board. That's what it looks like. I want to know why a minority of union part-timers are eligible for a $200/week bonus while the rest of union part-timers do not have access. How is this possible in a union shop? Why is anyone with more than 2 years in paying union dues? It looks like the union aka UPS is subsidizing new hires bonuses with those dues.

Last edited:

BrownRecycler

Ups likes the bonus because if they don't need more employees they can just cut bonus in February and watch them quit.

Except they didn't quit the bonus and was using the contract as an excuse to extend the bonus and now they raise to $300 from $200. They might change their tactic and hire less seasonal worker.

FYI. Last time I check, I am still eligible for the bonus not that it matter in this conversation. I'll see if the perm newer people still collect the bonus to find out where the bonus stop at. Far as I am concern, I am the remaining bonus active person of the union along with whoever are working the similar seniority of the facility.

Waldo

Except they didn't quit the bonus and was using the contract as an excuse to extend the bonus and now they raise to $300 from $200. They might change their tactic and hire less seasonal worker.

FYI. Last time I check, I am still eligible for the bonus not that it matter in this conversation. I'll see if the perm newer people still collect the bonus to find out where the bonus stop at. Far as I am concern, I am the remaining bonus active person of the union along with whoever are working the similar seniority of the facility.

I started in early July and the $125 bonus was supposed to end Aug 1st. Since the new contract never happened they extended it and were starting to give the newer people $200. Now it’s been extended at least until Dec 31st, increased to $300 and the people getting the other rates are now getting bumped to the $300. This is for sunrise as the other shifts are stuck with $200 or so.

BrownRecycler

I started in early July and the $125 bonus was supposed to end Aug 1st. Since the new contract never happened they extended it and were starting to give the newer people $200. Now it’s been extended at least until Dec 31st, increased to $300 and the people getting the other rates are now getting bumped to the $300. This is for sunrise as the other shifts are stuck with $200 or so.

Am thinking about earning 1 week of bonus this month. We will see.