The BS currently happening in my Preload.

JackOfClubs

PT Bureaucrat
SO MANY this last couple weeks. My pt sup works with me landscaping so I don't wanna be a boner but it bugs me big time.

PT sup here. I understand that it's "taking someone's job" (during peak season, the list was exhausted and I had to do hourly work, so I was getting paid sup pay for the same job).

Yet, it drives you crazy when things are going to hell in a handbasket and there's nothing you can do. Biggest adjustment to management is learning how to play your fiddle while Rome is burning.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
a 194pph on a boxline is not good, most boxline actuals i see demonstrate around a 235

that said it sounds like there is a wrap-up problem in the charge, not on your end

Yet, it drives you crazy when things are going to hell in a handbasket and there's nothing you can do. Biggest adjustment to management is learning how to play your fiddle while Rome is burning.
YES! As a PT Sup that was the HARDEST thing I had to learn. Watching my boxline go down in flames and not being able to touch a single. Freaking. Thing.

Daf

We have plenty of business telling you what your PPH should be. How is that harassment? Yeah things happen, but that's no excuse for daily service failure. You know what's expected of you when you get the job. It's not like you're being singled out. It's expected of everyone.
When our loads are late EVERY day. It is no longer "things happen". This is poor planning. If we run out of work we can no longer scan boxes to keep our numbers up. This should not be difficult to understand. My point is that too often it is easier to just blame the employee instead of fixing the real problems.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Also I was being worked with because I guess everyone in our center is getting "lock ins". It wasnt just me getting worked with. They seem to really be cracking down on our hours recently like more than ever.

when I hit 224 pph because the sup told me to clock out before last cage he told me he was putting that pph on my form 1000 and that it would be my goal to reach from now on.

What kind of :censored2:ing sense does that make...

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
We have plenty of business telling you what your PPH should be. How is that harassment? Yeah things happen, but that's no excuse for daily service failure. You know what's expected of you when you get the job. It's not like you're being singled out. It's expected of everyone.

The contract doesn't care about your fairy tale numbers therefore I don't care about your fairy tale numbers therefore you can :censored2: right off.

I bet you're totally not an :censored2: and everyone respects you
Actually, they do. I go to battle for my people all of the time. I scratch their backs and they scratch mine. I respect them as well.

@Dandroid i never said or responded to anything pertaining to your post. Iv never sent anyone home before their work was done. Not sure what messed up hub you come from.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
220 pph is so low, though....

but isn't that a production issue, and irrelevant as a result? I mean, if you hit your allotted time and load every truck by the time the sort is finished, how can you be held accountable if the PPH is lower than they think it should be? I mean, it's not your fault that the primary doesn't push packages through fast enough for you to hit your PPH but quickly enough for your trucks to be loaded in the time their computers have decided it should take.

idk, man, sounds like your supe's getting messed with and is just passing it on down the line. Maybe you guys just need to run your belts faster (or whatever it is you do with the cage thing faster)?

^^^ this this this.

The preloaders at the very end of the line always get hosed because we have to wait the longest to get packages. At my particular center, the pull I'm on goes through a "dead zone", an area where the belt climbs and winds its way around the center before it gets to the pulls where I work. There are periods, particularly between trailer changes, where we can go as long as 5 minutes without seeing a single box come down the chute. It's even worse for airs yet our supervisors tell us we need to be done before everyone else. It's true we rarely stack out because we're the end of the line, but we spend a lot of time waiting.

Even on light days we are usually punching out about 10 minutes before driver start time.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
the numbers r a bunch of crap. So many variables will effect it, late air, late trailers, unload not getting down, late set up. Not to mention the amount of packages u get.