The customers are getting restless........

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Agreed but to continue to have flights scheduled to go to Memphis, after the first day weather shut the city down, plans should have been in place to have volume move through either another hub or have it moved to multiple ramps and trucked, if possible.
The freight has been shuffled around. Unfortunately, the other hubs lack the capacity to absorb much more than what they normally process. Can't really do much to move it around to ramps because there's a ton of outbound freight sitting at ramps already.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Agreed but to continue to have flights scheduled to go to Memphis, after the first day weather shut the city down, plans should have been in place to have volume move through either another hub or have it moved to multiple ramps and trucked, if possible.

I had read Memphis only has something like 4 salt trucks and 6 snow plows for the entire city. A little foresight could have had some volume moving rather than virtually none.
And if all available containers are already full of freight?

Star B

White Lightening
Really? I guess if they have 2 or 3 to use. I was going by what my manager told me. She managed the ramp for many years.
We have 2 of our own with the capacity to "case of beverage borrow" up to 6 more for our little podunk station, so you cannot tell me that MEMH doesn't have at least 20+ of them.

One hour--are you kidding? They de-ice planes up here in less than 15-20 minutes. They use 2 sometimes 4 de-icing trucks on a plane at one time.
1H if you're using a Saab 340 deicer run by Mesaba crews. In other news, rod's now having flashbacks of his UPS days.