The dilemma that man has gotten himself into.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"........moral code is determined by being kind, respectful etc....."

Says who ?? Maybe someone's moral code is being mean, bad and nasty.

rod

Retired 22 years
Everyone (at least in the USA) belongs to the government------April 15th is coming up you know.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Belonging to someone - that's just weird. Even in the context of religion I don't understand you defining yourself as an object that is owned. Following the principles of what you believe in shouldn't be synonymous with belong to someone else. But hey, to each their own.

I say this as a former student of theology, who studied long enough to realize that my logic leads me to be a non believer.
ImmaBabyBrown,

I am sorry you find it weird. I don't.

I think of belonging more in the sense of an artist's work of art or a Creator's creation than in the sense of an object being owned.

I think it weirder to think that you belong to yourself. A person would have to give life to one's self in order to belong to one's self.

Who says the principles that you follow are the principles you should follow? You?

I agree to each there own, even if it is wrong.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Or you don't believe in any god's - there are so many to choose from. Being an educated non believer I respect those that believe. Not participating in any theology doesn't suggest that I or anyone else with my belief structure puts themselves in a hierarchy with anyone.
ImmaBabyBrown,

This is not about theology.

Logic states that the artist is above the art because the whole of the piece of art is the work of the artist.

Unless the artist made himself the one who made him is above him.

You belief system logically hinges on the premise that you made you.

If you didn't make you then you are obviously in a hierarchy with someone.

Sincerely,
I

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
For Discussion:

I have heard it said that the real dilemma that man has gotten himself into is he behaves as if he belongs to himself.

Do you behave as if you belong to yourself or as if you belong to another?

I believe that I belong to another. I seek to please the one who I belong to.

Sincerely,
I
He has risen.

And crap still spews from his keyboard.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I suppose I do believe in myself, that I am responsible for my actions and that my moral code is up to me to live by. This moral code is determined by being kind, respectful, generous, lawful and decent - not because a book or theological entity tells me to, but because it's how I wish to be treated.
ImmaBabyBrown,

It seems to me that logic dictates that you can believe in yourself and not think you belong to yourself. I think as long as your belief in yourself comes from the very confidence and knowledge in whom you belong to. I may be reaching here, though I think not.

You say you are responsible for you own actions.

Are you telling me that you always act toward others the way you wish others acted toward you?

You also mention this moral code of yours did you write this moral code that you live by?

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
No doubt that exists as well - even within the confines of some religious establishments. One doesn't need religion to have a good moral code.
ImmaBabyBrown,

This is not about religion.

Many individuals lead good moral lives without even thinking of the reasons why they are leading good moral lives.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
He has risen.

And crap still spews from his keyboard.
Brownslave688,

Unless all words that spew from all keyboards is crap what gives you the authority to say that what spews from my keyboard is in your words crap?

This doesn't make sense.

I hope you want to make sense when you come to this discussion forum.

Sincerely,
I

Brownslave688

Brownslave688,

Unless all words that spew from all keyboards is crap what gives you the authority to say that what spews from my keyboard is in your words crap?

This doesn't make sense.

I hope you want to make sense when you come to this discussion forum.

Sincerely,
I
Lol a post that doesn't make sense. Welcome to how 99% of us feel everytime we read one of your posts.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Lol a post that doesn't make sense. Welcome to how 99% of feel everytime we read one of your posts.
Brownslave688,

You posts are not a lol matter.

Are you the official spokesperson for all of the BC participants(members and non-members) that read my posts?

How are you getting your data to arrive at your 99%?

I question your authority to do this and I also question your results.

Why don't you just participate in the discussion?

Nonsense is just that, nonsense.

Sincerely,
I

Brownslave688

Brownslave688,

You posts are not a lol matter.

Are you the official spokesperson for all of the BC participants(members and non-members) that read my posts?

How are you getting your data to arrive at your 99%?

I question your authority to do this and I also question your results.

Why don't you just participate in the discussion?

Nonsense is just that, nonsense.

Sincerely,
I
We voted. Did u not receive a ballot?

It must have gotten lost with local 89 and the westerns contract ballots.

Your replacement is on its way but seeing how my victory was a landslide your vote likely won't make a difference.

Integrity

Binge Poster
We voted. Did u not receive a ballot?

It must have gotten lost with local 89 and the westerns contract ballots.

Your replacement is on its way but seeing how my victory was a landslide your vote likely won't make a difference.
Brownslave688,

Although I appreciate humor I find it to be a major distraction in serious discussion threads.

I find it to be a waste of time.

If you can't start participating in the threads that I start without the sole purpose of your participation being to draw attention to yourself through your comedy then I will be forced to put you on my ignore list.

I can't continue to waste my time with these types of BC participants.

No offense meant I just don't want to waste my time.

Sincerely,
I

rod

Retired 22 years
Brownslave688,

Although I appreciate humor I find it to be a major distraction in serious discussion threads.

I find it to be a waste of time.

If you can't start participating in the threads that I start without the sole purpose of your participation being to draw attention to yourself through your comedy then I will be forced to put you on my ignore list.
I can't continue to waste my time with these types of BC participants.

No offense meant I just don't want to waste my time.

Sincerely,
I
The more he posts the more I think he is upstate. Integrity that is.

moreluck

golden ticket member
He finds humor a waste of time....he is owned by god, so god must think humor is a waste of time.

How could that be ?? Just look at the platypus!!