The Further Adventures of Gumby and Pokey and other Sidekicks

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not package car driver. I meant package car mechanic. Get on Craig's list jobs wanted in the oil patch in North Dakota. Big bucks.
Sure, a good mechanic can make really good money.
One lives across the way from me in a 6,000 SQ FT house on 8 acres and all kinds of supped up cars.

Package Car - sorry but no. Name a non-UPS school where a high school graduate can go and take two years of trade school to qualify for a Package Car driver. Just does not make sense.

Mechanic - definitely and especially if he/she is certified and trained.
Do you drive your car, anywhere?....Do you not see how bad, people drive?? Do you not see, the bonehead moves, that management makes?..Maybe you are too old and forget! But their are alot of lazy, overpaid, Teamsters...saving your jobs!.........Just rember that, before your throw our dumb asses.............................under the bus! and then back over us again!......................just saying!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Do you drive your car, anywhere?....Do you not see how bad, people drive?? Do you not see, the bonehead moves, that management makes?..Maybe you are too old and forget! But their are alot of lazy, overpaid, Teamsters...saving your jobs!.........Just rember that, before your throw our dumb asses.............................under the bus! and then back over us again!......................just saying!
Your so cute when you are drunk.
Pokey is headed over for a ride ... he thinks he sees an opportunity!
Gumby being ridden by pokey.JPG

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Your so cute when you are drunk.
Pokey is headed over for a ride ... he thinks he sees an opening!
View attachment 10978
Hey Hoax....IVE isn't drunk and is being totally serious. He's the smartest driver I know, and also the straightest....alluding to gay sex and calling him cute when he's trying to make a valid point is pretty disrespectful in my book. So is calling Ovah a prick, perhaps 2 apologies are in order...just sayin.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not drunk, not drunk at all...Just getting tired of getting talked down to!...and for the record...Over 9.5 is not a Prick!...I really think you owe him an apology
Sounds like you are a bit sensitive tonight but I'm willing to become more sensitive assuming I said something you considered talking down to you.
Please provide feedback to me so I can understand what I said that was demeaning.

As for Ovah, I did not notice that the other poster was replying to Ovah.
And I did apologize to him.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hey Hoax....IVE isn't drunk and is being totally serious. He's the smartest driver I know, and also the straightest....alluding to gay sex and calling him cute when he's trying to make a valid point is pretty disrespectful in my book. So is calling Ovah a prick, perhaps 2 apologies are in order...just sayin.
Any criticism coming from you about taking people serious and replying in a respectful manner is laughable. LOL
I don't understand what he is offended about and asked him to provide feedback. LOL

And again, you have no right to criticize anyone about sexual innuendo especially in regard to homosexual slandering. I could undelete 50 or so of your posts where you slandered another member on here. LOL

As for Gumby and Pokey, he and I have been going back and forth with their relationship for months in jest.
LOL

Sounds likou are a bit sensitive tonight but I'm willing to become more sensitive assuming I said something you considered talking down to you.
Please provide feedback to me so I can understand what I said that was demeaning.

As for Ovah, I did not notice that the other poster was replying to Ovah.
And I did apologize to him.
Not sensitive.......but you do like, to come off...(no pun intended) as every ,Teamster is lazy and overpaid! That we have no skills,and are completely worthless. Thats a pile of crap.....and Im calling you out on it!....It is what is....but please , look in the mirror first!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not sensitive.......but you do like, to come off...(no pun intended) as every ,Teamster is lazy and overpaid! That we have no skills,and are completely worthless. Thats a pile of crap.....and Im calling you out on it!....It is what is....but please , look in the mirror first!
OK so no specifics ... exactly what I thought since I have not posted anything like you claim I have.
You're just drunk or pissed or both and I happen to be handy.
That's OK ... if it makes you feel better, go for it.

However, I will go along with this little charade:
You said, "... as every ,Teamster is lazy and overpaid!"
I only speak of UPS Teamsters and in regards to being lazy, that is preposterous. UPSers are paid well above industry average and the reason they can be paid above industry average is because UPSers work faster and smarter than their industry counterparts.

UPS Drivers are paid above average on a per hour basis compared to their industry counterparts. That is due to the power of collective bargaining, UPSer work ethic and the profitability of UPS.

You said, "That we have no skills, and are completely worthless. That's a pile of crap ..."

I have never said a UPS driver has no skills ... I don't think is true.
I have said that the UPS Driver is not a job that would be classified as a Skilled Trade.
You are the one that claims to be so smart ... I think you can differentiate between the two.

I have never said UPS Drivers are worthless.
First place, individuals would be classified as worthless or not ... never a group or classification of a workforce.
I really don't even know how to reply to that since it is such a lame concept except I don't think I would classify any UPS Driver I have ever met as worthless. That is not in my nature since I believe all people have worth and are good in their own way. I may not think that the actions or behavior of an individual has much worth but that is not how you phrased your claim.

Yes, everything you have posted is a pile of crap and I am glad it does not apply to me.

Sleep it off bud and have a good day tomorrow.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoke,
Would you consider your former position as a job, or a career?
A job or more correctly a series of about 15 jobs that gave me a broad perspective of the various parts of UPS and how it all came together.
The last 15 or so years of my time at UPS was as a member of various technology projects acting as a UPS Generalist and as a oversight Project Manager.

I was never interested in a career but always interested in the money.
I was and am basically a money whore.

Photography has been and continues to be the only thing that ever really interested me as a career.
Just ain't no damn money in it.
That's why I'm doing that in retirement.

Hey Hoax....IVE isn't drunk and is being totally serious. He's the smartest driver I know, and also the straightest....alluding to gay sex and calling him cute when he's trying to make a valid point is pretty dis spectful in my book. So is calling Ovah a prick, perhaps 2 apologies are in order...just sayin.
OK so no specifics ... exactly what I thought since I have not posted anything like you claim I have.
You're just drunk or pissed or both and I happen to be handy.
That's OK ... if it makes you feel better, go for it.

However, I will go along with this little charade:
You said, "... as every ,Teamster is lazy and overpaid!"
I only speak of UPS Teamsters and in regards to being lazy, that is preposterous. UPSers are paid well above industry average and the reason they can be paid above industry average is because UPSers work faster and smarter than their industry counterparts.

UPS Drivers are paid above average on a per hour basis compared to their industry counterparts. That is due to the power of collective bargaining, UPSer work ethic and the profitability of UPS.

You said, "That we have no skills, and are completely worthless. That's a pile of crap ..."

I have never said a UPS driver has no skills ... I don't think is true.
I have said that the UPS Driver is not a job that would be classified as a Skilled Trade.
You are the one that claims to be so smart ... I think you can differentiate between the two.

I have never said UPS Drivers are worthless.
First place, individuals would be classified as worthless or not ... never a group or classification of a workforce.
I really don't even know how to reply to that since it is such a lame concept except I don't think I would classify any UPS Driver I have ever met as worthless. That is not in my nature since I believe all people have worth and are good in their own way. I may not think that the actions or behavior of an individual has much worth but that is not how you phrased your claim.

Yes, everything you have posted is a pile of crap and I am glad it does not apply to me.

Sleep it off bud and have a good day tomorrow.
Number 1...dont need to sleep....it off. Number 2 ...i really doubt tomorrow, will be any better. Number 3.....dont be aa Prick....yes....yes I know, you have to change your ways.....Number 4....your a Mod....(or supposed to be!) try to act like one!...Number 5 ...Dont pick on BB58...she could take you, trust me on that!.....Number 6.......You need to make a public apology to....Over 9.5.........Number 7.....Dont be a Prick!.......just saying

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Told you he wasn't drunk...IVE's on the ball tonight. And quite frankly, I think Hoax owes you an apology, but what do I know? But you're right about one thing, Hoax....he IS pretty cute when he's angry.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Told you he wasn't drunk...IVE's on the ball tonight. And quite frankly, I think Hoax owes you an apology, but what do I know? But you're right about one thing Hoax....he is pretty cute when he's angry.
Well. I'm glad y'all enjoyed each other in the Romper Room. LOL

As for being drunk, he was the one that said he had already drank a beer and when you said "Have one more", he said he was going to have several more.
I guess I did not understand what that meant.

I was trying to find a logical excuse for his apparent irrational and emotional outbursts.
I guess I will consider other reasons.