The Hoffa era is over, and the Teamsters are ready to fight

You just said you asked two drivers if they wanted to help him and they said no. Management could have easily sent them. Now you're saying they had no driver's to help? Make up your mind.

How will you take a pay cut? You make more than top ground rate as a carwash? You're a air driver doing ground work.
In the Central once a driver has returned to the building he can not be forced to go back out. Also if they ask another driver to help out they threaten to file over seniority. Much easier to have me jump in a package car or straight truck and drive up the street to prevent service failures. Most times when management puts in for an air driver performing ground work payroll routinely denies it for a couple weeks. Have to resubmit the request over and over and even then you never know if you are paid correctly.

You just said you asked two drivers if they wanted to help him and they said no. Management could have easily sent them. Now you're saying they had no driver's to help? Make up your mind.

How will you take a pay cut? You make more than top ground rate as a carwash? You're a air driver doing ground work.
Just how does any of this affect you? You don't have enough work of your own?

Well maybe elsewhere, but for the most part all our 22.3's at my old building(myself included before I retired, I was a 22.3 inside /inside shifter)did their fair share of work, except for the one tool bag I spoke of.
Almost all of our 22.3 work Midnight/Preload. We have a few that work Porter/PM air driver. Some others work Preload/AM air drivers plus ground delivery drivers when needed.

542thruNthru

In the Central once a driver has returned to the building he can not be forced to go back out.
Yes if he took his full lunch. Also management knew before these drivers were in the building that this new driver would need help.
Also if they ask another driver to help out they threaten to file over seniority.
File what?
Much easier to have me jump in a package car or straight truck and drive up the street to prevent service failures. Most times when management puts in for an air driver performing ground work payroll routinely denies it for a couple weeks. Have to resubmit the request over and over and even then you never know if you are paid correctly.
File a article 17.

Well you like to complain on here how your local doesn't enforce the contract. Like supervisors working yet you are equally to blame for allowing the contract to be ignored.

That's all I'm pointing out.
Actually all of our air drivers, PT or 22.3 are forced to run ground routes when needed. Some will milk it for 14 hours while others file over working outside their classification. Nothing changes so why fight it? I just happen to be the most senior with the most knowledge.

Thebrownblob

Refusing to work as directed, and\or refusing work when you are on the clock & available is a great way to get yourself in hot water, throughout the Central.

Like I said earlier it’s really no use and talking to this guy. He’s lied to himself his whole career he’s not going to change now. He’s even told himself he’s somehow hero? Even though he’s blatantly helping the company break the contract by using an air driver continually to do ground work.

Thebrownblob

Refusing to work as directed, and\or refusing work when you are on the clock & available is a great way to get yourself in hot water, throughout the Central.
What are you talking about if you’re in the central you know we have language that says we don’t have to go back out once we’re in the building.

Article 19
Section 6
Drivers shall not be disciplined for refusing to go back out on the street once they have returned to the building, after having com- pleted their full day’s work.

He’s not being a hero he’s covering up for a piss poor management for one, and screwing another employee out of being full-time by taking that work.

Thebrownblob

Actually all of our air drivers, PT or 22.3 are forced to run ground routes when needed. Some will milk it for 14 hours while others file over working outside their classification. Nothing changes so why fight it? I just happen to be the most senior with the most knowledge.
Yep Why fight it nothing changes? You’re a great teamster brother. I had a lot of guys say that a couple years ago when we were continually getting 9.5, $300,000 in grievances later and the next year there was almost no 9.5 problem that’s why you fight it. The reason you don’t want to fight it is because it suits you and apparently you have enough people buffaloed to leave it alone.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

No it’s actually not you were commenting on the fact that part time car washer said two drivers were getting ready to leave after their day was over. They can’t get in hot water because the central says you don’t have to go back out. And he has no business doing the work either way. One grievance would solve that.

Thebrownblob

Here I thought you were talking about the drivers who would not go back out after they were done. Part time carwash should work as directed and then file but he won’t. Because it benefits him he’ll continue to let them do it. Because if they do it enough and he files on it he won’t get that work anymore.
Earlier you said he should be considered a shrewd negotiator. Lol that is not his job the contract is already negotiated. If I made it confusing my apologies.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So what's the worse that can happen to me? I get fired? I can make more money being retired.

Calm down there princess.... you know that's not what I meant.

I do enjoy the people I work with and the challenges. Getting paid to drive around the state dropping off a few air letters here and there. Showing up the young drivers by bailing them out of a tough spot or two.

I get it.... I really do.

You are air exception qualified, live extremely close to the building, and your kids work there.

Local management has taken advantage of the situation (and you).... for years.

I'm just kind of happy that others are realizing the hypocrisy, and are willing to bitch about it.

;)

Calm down there princess.... you know that's not what I meant.

I get it.... I really do.

You are air exception qualified, live extremely close to the building, and your kids work there.

Local management has taken advantage of the situation (and you).... for years.

I'm just kind of happy that others are realizing the hypocrisy, and are willing to bitch about it.

;)
Don't have any biological off spring working at UPS but yes I consider most of the new guys "my kids". Try to help them out as much as I can. Definitely management with Union approval takes advantage of the situation. And yes I do my best to profit from working inside the system. It's the American way. Not sure how all of this affects members from the other side of the country.