the Indy contract is now a national

Buckethead

If we don't dserve a good contract becuase this is our first one, then why should we havr to pay the most dues of any ltl company?

Do we pay more in dues than the rest of the other Unionized LTL employees? I don't know if we do so I can't comment. I will ask a friend I know with Yellow and get back.

Buckethead

Send them back to table!

I hate to break this to you, but no one is going back to the table. It is what it is. The majority will approve. Use your energy attacking this rather decent contract towards something more positive. You will feel soo much better.

I know, it's easier to complain then to accept. It was just a suggestion.

gregmilam

Detroit is now local 299. Our barn voted 50/10. The seniority was the big subject of unclarity, as far as layoff and recall proceedures. The city board and dock board are now separate, but road is separate. Your dues are 2.5 hours pay + $1.00 per month. Health care is $50 for single, $100 employee + 1, and $150 for family. Those prices include dental & vision. Your wage raises and drops in healthcare prices totally eclipse the dues.

Buckethead

Detroit is now local 299. Our barn voted 50/10. The seniority was the big subject of unclarity, as far as layoff and recall proceedures. The city board and dock board are now separate, but road is separate. Your dues are 2.5 hours pay + $1.00 per month. Health care is $50 for single, $100 employee + 1, and $150 for family. Those prices include dental & vision. Your wage raises and drops in healthcare prices totally eclipse the dues.

Our City and dock are part of the same board, called cartage. The road is separate. Did you guy's fight for the separation of dock and city?

gregmilam

I apologize for the incorrect subject of dock and city boards being separate. They are combined in this contract. I do not agree with this personally, seeing as how I am newer here, but ther reality of it is that there will be many more guys over me in seniority, but at the same token, there will be many more under me as well. I am trying to get to the road board, but that may be impossible for a while. Providing a dock worker has a CDL and wants to be a city driver and has more seniority than me, I can potentially be bumped to the dock, which really disturbs me. I'm a driver, and that's what I came here to do, but apparently someone disagrees. This is to an extent, jacked up, but we don't know exactly how it'll be until things are completely implemented. I can only hope that our Chrysler account adds 2-3 more road runs and no one bids except for me.