The Lets Get Rid Of Our Cops Movement

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
now the cops in DC are not wearing name tags and insignia. wearing masks and trying to be incognito

what does this remind you of??????

JJinVA

now the cops in DC are not wearing name tags and insignia. wearing masks and trying to be incognito

Reminds me of guerrilla warfare. Ive been saying since I was 19 its the most effective form of warfare because you cant identify friends from foe.

vantexan

Yes. How many jurisdictions are even seriously considering it? Diverting resources to crime prevention/mental health is not your straw man of no police anywhere.
Minneapolis councilmen are considering it right now. Replace the police force with a non-violent unarmed force that will counsel and intermediate. Kind of like Best Buy sending out their Nerd Squad. Only less effective.

The fact is that the Voting Rights Act insured blacks could elect their own leaders in many cities across the country. Has that resulted in better conditions? No, has enriched black leadership while blaming whites for their economic failures. So blacks are out rioting about treatment by whites when it's their own leadership screwing them and fellow blacks killing them. And now there's talk about defunding the one group that risks their lives protecting blacks. I guess you just have to learn the hard way before things are changed for the better.

It will be fine

Minneapolis councilmen are considering it right now. Replace the police force with a non-violent unarmed force that will counsel and intermediate. Kind of like Best Buy sending out their Nerd Squad. Only less effective.

The fact is that the Voting Rights Act insured blacks could elect their own leaders in many cities across the country. Has that resulted in better conditions? No, has enriched black leadership while blaming whites for their economic failures. So blacks are out rioting about treatment by whites when it's their own leadership screwing them and fellow blacks killing them. And now there's talk about defunding the one group that risks their lives protecting blacks. I guess you just have to learn the hard way before things are changed for the better.
I don’t know what you are trying to argue. Police brutality is black people’s fault? Is this another “if black people were more polite the police would treat them better.” stupidity?

vantexan

I don’t know what you are trying to argue. Police brutality is black people’s fault? Is this another “if black people were more polite the police would treat them better.” stupidity?
I've been arguing that police brutality doesn't hold up under scrutiny. It's being said that white cops are hunting black men. No, most black murders occur at the hands of other blacks. But you don't see that in the media. Election year politics.

newfie

Dea agents undercover to catch the insurgents creating the chaos.

I'm surprised your not worried about the bad guys they are trying to catch.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
I wonder why they felt the need for police in the schools originally?
Even in my little slice of Heaven both the High School and Jr. High have a full time cop present during school hours. Mostly they break up fights and deal with locker thefts and drugs. The Jr. High kids are WAY worse than the High School kids. The cops are there because the teachers can't touch the little bastards and they get NO disapline at home. . Sad.