The Mike Pence Classified Documents Scandal

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Pence is the literal definition of a boy scout; if even he has classified docs floating around, this goes back to what i said in the original Trump thread that the entire classification system is wildly out of control, both from the volume of what is deemed classified as well as the procedures for handling it
Watch it, you may trigger those on the left. Don't even talk about the law. That action is "blaming".

Wally

Pence at his core is still a swamp creature. Who did in fact lie on CNN about having any classified documents.
I think he had no idea those documents were packed up. Probably has a crew packing and moving stuff to his Virginia place. After the second move the documents were discovered. He did the right thing and reported them.

Last time we moved we found old stuff thought lost.

oldngray

nowhere special
I think he had no idea those documents were packed up. Probably has a crew packing and moving stuff to his Virginia place. After the second move the documents were discovered. He did the right thing and reported them.

Last time we moved we found old stuff though lost.
Agreed but Pence was still eager to go on CNN for a hit piece on Trump

vantexan

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Pence at his core is still a swamp creature. Who did in fact lie on CNN about having any classified documents.
Lying requires the intent to deceive, I don't believe he had any idea

He's not swamp per se, he's just about 40 years behind the times on conservatism; effectively the same thing but it is an important difference

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Pence is the literal definition of a boy scout; if even he has classified docs floating around, this goes back to what i said in the original Trump thread that the entire classification system is wildly out of control, both from the volume of what is deemed classified as well as the procedures for handling it
I have never agreed with Mike Pence's politics but always felt he is a man of Honor.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Last time we moved we found old stuff thought lost.

Wife’s toys ?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Glad to see you’ve come out of your funk over the Mcarthy debacle
Keep giving those thumbs down emojis
Not sure what that does for you but whatever floats your boat

Wally

I'm betting the House Republicans will call for an investigation into former VP Mike Pence now, right?
Why not? It will serve as a good model for any future events should documents inadvertently get packed during a move. Report right away, then proper authorities handle it from there.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I'm betting the House Republicans will call for an investigation into former VP Mike Pence now, right?
i think it sucks the wind out of all the classified doc investigations, from a political POV

it exposes the issue not as individual malice, like the narrative they were trying to build with Trump/Biden, but as a real systemic issue that the govt is at fault for