The National Debt, Do You Worry About It?

vantexan

How do they vote Van, my kids are grown, they are leftists,
Sometimes you get what you want.

Times will get very hard, some pick poison.
My nieces are kids. My nephew probably votes Democrat. He was raised by very liberal parents. I still don't want them or anyone else to suffer. But it looks inevitable.

floridays

My nieces are kids. My nephew probably votes Democrat. He was raised by very liberal parents. I still don't want them or anyone else to suffer. But it looks inevitable.
You know me well enough from here, you know how I think.
It was lost years ago.
It's human nature.
It's been inevitable.
You said you come from preachers, what did they preach?

vantexan

You know me well enough from here, you know how I think.
It was lost years ago.
It's human nature.
It's been inevitable.
You said you come from preachers, what did they preach?
My family is mostly conservative. My brother, a hospital chaplain, is as liberal as they come. On Secret Service watch lists liberal.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Rather than infrastructure, we should focus on arms manufacturing and military training...not this WOKE BS either.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Rather than infrastructure, we should focus on arms manufacturing and military training...not this WOKE BS either.

But Joe asked Putin nicely to not attack us! Can you imagine how hard they’re laughing at the stupidity going on in the US? Vodka for everyone Comrades! America is self destructing!

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
You're a conservative. Has the Secret Service ever come up to you, called you by name, and pointed to where you were allowed to stand and protest?
Hint: Look up the words “Secret” and “Watch”…..
That would automatically negate “come up to you”, “call you by name”, and “point to where…”, No???
Silly Liberal… LOL

refineryworker05

No one worried about the deficit. People are just pretending. I figured this out at the end of the Clinton presidency there were budget surpluses which meant the government was collecting more money in taxes than it was spending. Now instead of paying down the debt one iota and keeping tax rates where they were to keep getting those budget surpluses so we could keep paying down the debt, republicans said hey the government is taking in more money than it needs. Let’s give the American people a tax cut and then they proceeded to cut taxes ending budget surpluses.

UnionStrong

No one worried about the deficit. People are just pretending. I figured this out at the end of the Clinton presidency there were budget surpluses which meant the government was collecting more money in taxes than it was spending. Now instead of paying down the debt one iota and keeping tax rates where they were to keep getting those budget surpluses so we could keep paying down the debt, republicans said hey the government is taking in more money than it needs. Let’s give the American people a tax cut and then they proceeded to cut taxes ending budget surpluses.
Another economics professor 🤣😂

vantexan

Hint: Look up the words “Secret” and “Watch”…..
That would automatically negate “come up to you”, “call you by name”, and “point to where…”, No???
Silly Liberal… LOL
I'm not a liberal. My brother is an extreme liberal who even would fly off to NYC to attend anarchist meetings. Protested a lot of politicians. Went to a Condoleezza Rice speech in Tennessee to protest her involvement in the Iraq War. Was approached by the Secret Service who asked him if he was Reverend So-and-So. Pointed to where he could stand and protest. Get involved in those activities and you are noticed. He used to look for announcements in the newspaper of large churches having special days for returning soldiers. He would stand outside with a large sign that said on one side "Military says kill your enemies." On the other side it said "Jesus said love your enemies." Would infuriate people. By the way he was the head prison chaplain at a Federal prison in Colorado where Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols were first held. Dealt with Nichols all the time but McVeigh never asked for anything. When McVeigh was executed in Joliet, IL my brother was outside protesting the death penalty.

UnionStrong

I'm not a liberal. My brother is an extreme liberal who even would fly off to NYC to attend anarchist meetings. Protested a lot of politicians. Went to a Condoleezza Rice speech in Tennessee to protest her involvement in the Iraq War. Was approached by the Secret Service who asked him if he was Reverend So-and-So. Pointed to where he could stand and protest. Get involved in those activities and you are noticed. He used to look for announcements in the newspaper of large churches having special days for returning soldiers. He would stand outside with a large sign that said on one side "Military says kill your enemies." On the other side it said "Jesus said love your enemies." Would infuriate people. By the way he was the head prison chaplain at a Federal prison in Colorado where Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols were first held. Dealt with Nichols all the time but McVeigh never asked for anything. When McVeigh was executed in Joliet, IL my brother was outside protesting the death penalty.
Sorry, sounds like a lovely guy

vantexan

No, the government was running up deficits before the Trump tax cuts.

refineryworker05

The issue is those government programs social security, Medicare and Medicaid are popular. So the deficit Hawks talk about mortgaging our children’s future and they talk about wasteful government spending when talking about the debt.

refineryworker05

Sadly in the minds of many American voters, wasteful government spending is money going to groups of Americans they hate or view as undeserving of help. Most American voters have very little idea of where federal government spending goes, so they are able to imagine the vast bulk of federal government spending going towards “welfare” on imaginary bad people than the reality that 75% of government spending is Medicare, social security, Medicaid, the military and paying interest on the national debt.

refineryworker05

No, the government was running up deficits before the Trump tax cuts.
Lol. This is objective reality. There were budget surpluses at the end of the Clinton presidency and the beginning of the GWBush presidency that no one used to pay down one iota of the debt. Instead republicans said the government is collecting more in taxes than it needs let’s give the American people a tax cut. No one cares about the debt. If they did there would have been a political movement to keep those budget surpluses and use that money to pay down the debt. But no one cared. The debt discussion is America is a sham.