The "new" SFA

Subramaniam's Myth

Used to be Management was put in the Hot Seat, for low SFA Scores. Over the years SFA has turned into a farce with the follow up meetings. Less and less addressed,scores & % to questions not revealed, and nothing was ever followed up or changed for that matter.

BootsOnTarmac

Every SFA follow up meeting we were shown the % for every question. During the meeting the Manager asked everyone for feedback and offered private feedback in person in the Managers office. The Manager was required to provide an action plan for low score items and publicly post the action plan.

We shall see if the new SFA provides this.

In my opinion, the current SFA has been dumbed down to just an employee satisfaction poll.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Every SFA follow up meeting we were shown the % for every question. During the meeting the Manager asked everyone for feedback and offered private feedback in person in the Managers office. The Manager was required to provide an action plan for low score items and publicly post the action plan.

We shall see if the new SFA provides this.

In my opinion, the current SFA has been dumbed down to just an employee satisfaction poll.

The SFA questions were changed because employees' concerns change over time and using the same set of questions that they've been using since Moby Dick was a minnow keeps them from being able to gauge those concerns.

59 Dano

I guess the question about being paid fairly is no longer a concern.

That question was eliminated because it's essentially covered by the "if offered similar pay and benefits for a similar job with another company, I would stay at FedEx" one.

Remember when they added a "how important is this to you" thing for each question a couple of years ago? You're seeing the results of that.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Used to be Management was put in the Hot Seat, for low SFA Scores. Over the years SFA has turned into a farce with the follow up meetings. Less and less addressed,scores & % to questions not revealed, and nothing was ever followed up or changed for that matter.
I was never in management but it was the same at our station. Also my manager would never post or reveal his obviously low score and hogged all of the 30 minute meeting time talking about how hard he works. Glad to away from that loser.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The SFA questions were changed because employees' concerns change over time and using the same set of questions that they've been using since Moby Dick was a minnow keeps them from being able to gauge those concerns.

The SFA has always existed mainly as a barometer of the workers interest in unionizing. I haven't seen the new version, but it's probably more of the same, with a dose of fake concern about "people" issues.

59 Dano

one positive, it's less clicks to go down the right side.

I did that a few times over the years. Kind of wish I hadn't, looking back. Glad they changed it up though. Things change over the course of a few decades and the questions should change, too.