The Official New Hire Bashing Thread

Also, I know getting up at 2am sucks. But please brush your teeth! My god yesterday I wanted to hand out toothbrushes and toothpaste.

On the subject of new hires, I had to bump someone today and the supervisor told the new guy "Name Lastname wants you off your spot and is taking it and moving you to unload". No, :censored2:, you scheduled too many people and not in seniority order is why Newguy is getting bumped out, I didn't have anything with moving him to unload except saying "pay my guarantee and I'll leave or I can stay and work".

Had two new guys on two different days send rugs, cylinders and a drive train down conveyor rollers and nearly took a few people out. Another guy was bent over the third belt during a jam and nearly got his neck broke. Class ain't goin so well..

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
Also, I know getting up at 2am sucks. But please brush your teeth! My god yesterday I wanted to hand out toothbrushes and toothpaste.

On the subject of new hires, I had to bump someone today and the supervisor told the new guy "Name Lastname wants you off your spot and is taking it and moving you to unload". No, :censored2:, you scheduled too many people and not in seniority order is why Newguy is getting bumped out, I didn't have anything with moving him to unload except saying "pay my guarantee and I'll leave or I can stay and work".

Had two new guys on two different days send rugs, cylinders and a drive train down conveyor rollers and nearly took a few people out. Another guy was bent over the third belt during a jam and nearly got his neck broke. Class ain't goin so well..

I absolutely love it when they send tires down so we find out how fast our reflexes are. Mine is impeccable but a few others need to work on their reaction time. Had one roll down the slide in an outside unit so fast that when it hit this package that was at an angle, it flew off the slide and went right through one of the open bay doors and halfway across the lot before tipping over. Watching the sup run after it with a tape gun was probably the funniest thing I have ever seen at UPS. Those poor customers are getting ripped off, buying used tires thinking they are brand new, smh.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

My training consisted of, "Here's a belt, a scanner, there's your trucks no misloads. Good luck" Then they get :censored2: when you do something wrong acting like you should have known already.
I got a call less than a day after I applied, I came in for an interview all they did was a background check. The HR person noticed I was wearing boots and asked me if I wanted to start at that very second. They put me in a trailer and said “boxes go on the belt make sure the label faces up” that was it.

watdaflock?

It's almost that time of year where UPS is so desperate for bodies they lower their standards from "If you can read, you're hired." to "Blind, deaf, dumb? :censored3: it, you're hired." And thus the doors open to a fresh new hell every day till New Years and we can't do a thing about it but re-sort trucks, hand out crayons, and try not to hate the color blue.
Until now....bash away my friends.

Annnnnd before you say anything about how this topic could be covered in the Official Preload/Peak Bashing forums, I feel like the new hires deserve their own thread simply because they are the innocent, bright eyed, hopeful, very dumb and very naive children of UPS and you know what they say, "kids say the darnedest things."

This happened today, which is what inspired this thread, and it's worth the read.

On my boxline, I had one hypeactive little turd grabbing :censored3: out of the other loaders bins for almost an hour before I caught him and the 20+ misloads, tells me it's cause hes colorblind.

Asked another sup to trade him with someone from their sort table, he brings me a 50ish year old woman barely clinging to life in her 'new hire' vest. "She's good." He says while looking at me DEAD in the eyes.
Grandma works for 10 minutes before I trade her back cause I was afraid she was gonna stroke out and haunt my boxline for all of eternity.

Stuck babysitting colorblind for a while before I felt confident that he was cured enough to check on the table real quick, turn my back for ONE SECOND and he had placed not one, not two, but five misloads including a package going to a different state and I just still can't explain how that happened.

End of the sort, i'm wrapping up my area when I hear a driver from the boxline behind me raising hell about something. Normally, I mind my business but it's been one of those days and I was curious, so I walked over and whoever loaded his truck did it backwards. Literally. 1000's in the 7000's, 2000's in the 8000's, numerical order reversed as well, 1999-1000-5999-5000, you get the idea. All 3 trucks a new hire loaded were the same, except at some point in the last one they must have realized their mistake and tried to fix it before being sent home so it was just a total mess.
Both of us stayed to help that driver reorganize his load and after he left, we discovered Grandma on the sort table, cleaning out trash in the bins waiting to be sent home so she could get ready for her second job.

Peak is either going to be amazing, or the worst year ever.

Still surprised they kept you.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
lhBzF286oxVS.gif

Heavy Package

I welcome each and every new employee I see to UPS. I want to know what work release program we are currently using and the county shuttle bus comes before the driver's start time.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I welcome each and every new employee I see to UPS. I want to know what work release program we are currently using and the county shuttle bus comes before the driver's start time.
Shuttle bus folk solidly report for work at least 3 days a week!