The official NFL thread!

brett636

Alright, from your avatars I know there are a few football fans. So use this thread to post your picks, smack talk, or other general NFL info.

This weeks big game is Colts vs Bengals, and everyone seems to think the Colts undefeated season will end here just as it did with the Chiefs in 2003 when they were 9-0. Me being the avid Colts fan refuse to believe this. 2005 Colts are not the 2003 Chiefs. GO COLTS!!!

wily_old_vet

After the way my team has played the last two weeks I'm embarassed. Congrats to the Colts, they are my favorite AFC team (and have been the last few years):(

msswing

My team sucks this year....we lost two great players....but I will still root for them and I hope to make one of their games....unfortunately its the one against the Giants in Dec who beat them today.....all is good, keep the Bud Light coming!

Fly Eagles Fly, On The Road To Victory.
Fight Eagles Fight, Score A Touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'Em Low.
Hit 'Em High.
And We'll Watch Our Eagles Fly.

[SIZE=+3]E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!! [/SIZE]

brett636

ms.swing said:
My team sucks this year....we lost two great players....but I will still root for them and I hope to make one of their games....unfortunately its the one against the Giants in Dec who beat them today.....all is good, keep the Bud Light coming!

Fight Eagles Fight, Score A Touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'Em Low.
Hit 'Em High.
And We'll Watch Our Eagles Fly.

[SIZE=+3]E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!! [/SIZE]

I would have to agree that this year isn't the eagles year. Just look forward to next year when McNabb is healed and you can put all this TO crap behind you.

msswing

I tried to put the TO crap behind me this year, but he just caused more trouble. If I had Andy's phone number, I would have called him to tell him to get rid of him after what he pulled last year....but who am I? He definitely is the one that brought us down this year. McNabb being hurt didn't help, but I think if it wasn't for this TO crap...McNabb would have gave in a lot earlier than he did. And why isn't Detmer playing? I mean, this young duck is good at running the ball....but didn't we see what Detmer had last year?

brett636

wily_old_vet said:
still whining become a redskins fan and feel real heartbreak

The same held true for Indy Colt fans till the harbaugh/marchibroda years. Still amazed someone hasn't made the Redskin's name a contraversy yet. With all the other PC crap going on I bet the NFL doesn't want them in the superbowl. lol

tieguy

Banned
"The same held true for Indy Colt fans till the harbaugh/marchibroda years. "

Your TO was Bob Irsay who will always be wished a front row seat in hell by the baltimore colt fans.

What a contrast Sunday watching the ravens stumble offensively and then the first half of the colts / bengals game when the punter stayed on the bench.

brett636

tieguy said:
"The same held true for Indy Colt fans till the harbaugh/marchibroda years. "

Your TO was Bob Irsay who will always be wished a front row seat in hell by the baltimore colt fans.

What a contrast Sunday watching the ravens stumble offensively and then the first half of the colts / bengals game when the punter stayed on the bench.

I was a whole 2 years old when the Colts moved to Indy so I wouldn't know what its like to watch a Baltimore Colts team play. :p

All kidding aside, I've read the stories and issues surrounding Bob Irsay and I can say I don't blame the Baltimore Colts fans for feeling the way they do.

tieguy

Banned
speaking of Irsay stories one of my favorites.

Bob Irsay has just acquired the team in a trade with the rosenblooms. Bob meets three city officials at his first game as the new owner. Bob orders 4 beers from the local vendor. The 3 public officials think "nice guy" just bought us a beer". Nope wrong answer Bob get his 4 beers and drinks them all while chatting with those 3.

brett636

wily_old_vet said:
still whining become a redskins fan and feel real heartbreak

Are my eyes decieiving me? Skins 17 Chargers 10

There is still some time left, but Washington just may pull this one off.

opie

Feely misses 3 field goals!:D Which sets up one of the biggest games of the year. Cowboys vs. Giants, winner probably will wind up winning the NFC East. Go Cowboys!

wily_old_vet

opie said:
Feely misses 3 field goals!:D Which sets up one of the biggest games of the year. Cowboys vs. Giants, winner probably will wind up winning the NFC East. Go Cowboys!

Don't think so-HAIL TO THE REDSKINS, HAIL VICTORY:biggrin: