The official NFL thread!

brett636

opie said:
Bad loss for the Cowboys:cursing:, they need help to get into the playoffs.:cowboy:

That was quite a loss! 35-0 at one point. Go redskins! Too bad my Colts lost though. :(

Last edited:

brett636

So the playoffs are here. I was surprised to see Washington make it to the post season. Colts aren't playing this week, but I'm gonna be watching to see who we will be playing. I'm just excited that the road to detriot runs through Indianapolis!

GO COLTS!

wily_old_vet

So it all starts today at 4:30 with my team leading the way. I feel we have an excellent chance but I'm happy just making it to the playoffs. Good luck to all the other teams (except the Bucs):thumbup1:

wily_old_vet

Good thing we have a defense because there definitely wasnt any offense. Can't see us beating Seahawks if it doesnt show up next Saturday. But at least we are still in the hunt

moreluck

golden ticket member
Q. Why did Texas choose orange as their team color?

A. You can wear it to the game on Saturday, hunting on Sunday, and picking up trash along the highways the rest of the week.

wily_old_vet

Hey More-This thread is for NFL, not college. We have far weightier things to discuss like will the Redskins all white uniforms lead them to victory yet again.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

moreluck

golden ticket member
sorry, wily.....what do I know about sports?? I thought it was just football. The last football player I remember is Bart Starr........Oh and Hollywood Joe Namath.

Unless they go on to star on TV or movies like Alex Carras, then I don't know them.:sad:

wily_old_vet

Alas, my heart is saddened by my teams loss. However I am happy that they got as far as they did, especially since the season looked doomed 7 weeks ago. Good luck to the other teams in the hunt.

WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR

brett636

Wow, this has been a rough day. Something tells me the football gods didn't intend on Pittsburg winning today, but it has come to pass. :(

wkmac

brett636 said:
Wow, this has been a rough day. Something tells me the football gods didn't intend on Pittsburg winning today, but it has come to pass. :(

Talk about a shocker! My eyes bout' jumped out of my head when I saw the Steelers leading but when the Colts came roaring back and especially when "The Bus" fumbled the ball, I thought "well things are going to right themselves after all!"

Man was I wrong. Nice job Steelers!

wily_old_vet

brett636 said:

If the football gods didn't intend for Pittsburgh to win, explain how the Colts field goal kicker miss so badly inside a domed stadium. He has been extremely accurate all year and then that. I think Tie's explanation has more credilibility. :ohmy:

brett636

Time to resurrect this thread! Teams are starting their summer training camps and the preseason starts next month. Colts first game should be a good one as its manning versus manning with the Colts at the Giants on Sept. 10th.

What teams are your pick for the playoffs? Lets hear it!

wily_old_vet

The Redskins will definitely be in the hunt this year. Receiving corps got a big upgrade taking the pressure off Santana Moss and the defense got another big hitter (not spitter) at safety. NFC East is going to be a bitch this year. Plus we get to shut Peyton down this year.

GO REDSKINS