The only thing I've learned while working at UPS

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Unions promote mediocrity.

Ironically, UPS does too.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1451695747.203794.jpg

El Correcto

god is dead
drinking heavily also works .( on 3rd bloody mary )
I second this..
It doesn't matter if you've been here 30 years or you run 2 hours under every day, there are people waiting in line to take your job, and accept less money to do it.
Are you talking about the people who are leaving their package cars on area and going home? Yeah I saw the line this peak season, 30 out of the 40 something UPS hired quit their first week. There are a lot of people who think they want to do this job and learn it, even then they don't have the seniority or time to stick around to get it like that. With the turn over rate so high, plus all the accidents they have in their first couple months..... It gives you a respect for what you accomplished and retired from don't sell yourself short, that's management's job.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
ups is the major leagues .if you can make it here you can make it anywhere.

when people find out that i worked here for 25 years they try to hire me on the spot.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Do your best each day, if that's not good enough, tough crap. Help those that need it when you can and don't be afraid to ask the same of them. Keep your nose clean, but don't get walked on. Sleep like a baby every night.

Do your best each day, if that's not good enough, tough crap. Help those that need it when you can and don't be afraid to ask the same of them. Keep your nose clean, but don't get walked on. Sleep like a baby every night.
Well said. If you do nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about. Of you make a mistake, fess up.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
They gave me a 5th car to load this year and I have learned to slow down and let the supervisors go up and break jams in the middle of the belt all day. Now instead of getting out early from having 4 cars I know get out about an hour later depending on what time I feel like getting out. So instead of them gaining time they instead get to pay me an extra hours pay at 20 bucks.

Rack em

Made the Podium
They gave me a 5th car to load this year and I have learned to slow down and let the supervisors go up and break jams in the middle of the belt all day. Now instead of getting out early from having 4 cars I know get out about an hour later depending on what time I feel like getting out. So instead of them gaining time they instead get to pay me an extra hours pay at 20 bucks.
I feel for you man. 4 car pulls can be a bitch sometimes, but 5 cars is a nightmare. Let the stacking out begin!