The Package from Hell??????

zrwhat

Ok purchased a golf club on Ebay back on the 17th of June, of course the seller didn't get it shipped until the 24th but needless to say the package has still not arrived from Texas to Indiana.

If you track the package it shows that it has bounced between Mesquite, TX and Indianapolis 3 times now. After talking with UPS on 6 or 7 different occasions I finally got a supervisor that said once it gets back in Indianapolis that I should call back into customer service and request a supervisor. Then I was supposed to ask them to contact Indianapolis and request them to locate the package, they believe it is double labeled.

So this morning the package is shown to be in Indianapolis so I call customer service and they talk with their supervisor but again are unwilling to help. I tell them that they need to contact Indianapolis and locate the package, so they give in and place the call. Evidently the trailer has never arrived in Indianapolis even though the tracking information online shows that it has been scanned. I question this and they tell me that what is shown online is a virtual scan and that under normal conditions the package should have been scanned into Indianapolis but it physically never was? The last physical scan was in Mesquite on 7/5. What a cluster friend$*&.

So now our only option is to put a tracer on the package, which since I am not the shipper I cannot do. If I didn't have a ton of money into the package already I think I might let it bounce around the system for another month or two. I am sure if I do ever receive the package the club is going to be half as long as it started out.

Tracking# 1zv347y80365664052

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Here is the updated tracking:

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/...k&trackNums=1zv347y80365664052+&track.x=Track

Wow--I don't think I have ever seen a tracking status like this before. It says you will have it tomorrow but I wouldn't bet on it. I agree that there must be two labels on that package and that is what is causing all of this trouble.

How did you pay for the club? If you used a credit card I would call the cc company to dispute the charge.

The blame here lies on the shipper and the pickup driver for not spotting the double labels before the pkg entered the system.

zrwhat

Not going to have it tomorrow for sure, it was in Indianapolis the last time when it said delivery on 7/8. So I started the conversation with the UPS agent by asking what the delivery time was from Indianapolis to Northern Indiana (2hr. drive), he said 1 day delivery via ground. I said really, why does it show the package in Indianapolis on 7/1 and not supposed to be delivered until 7/8? He says well that's because the package is on it's way back to Mesquite and then back to Northern Indiana via Indianapolis (Oh yeah that makes sense).

I did pay for it with a credit card, and the sender has said they will refund the money once they get the club back. Who knows how long it will take to run the Tracer?

whiskey

Not that it matters, but what kind on golf club was it? The longer it is in the system, the better your chances are of getting the shaft.

bluehdmc

Not going to have it tomorrow for sure, it was in Indianapolis the last time when it said delivery on 7/8. So I started the conversation with the UPS agent by asking what the delivery time was from Indianapolis to Northern Indiana (2hr. drive), he said 1 day delivery via ground. I said really, why does it show the package in Indianapolis on 7/1 and not supposed to be delivered until 7/8? He says well that's because the package is on it's way back to Mesquite and then back to Northern Indiana via Indianapolis (Oh yeah that makes sense).

I did pay for it with a credit card, and the sender has said they will refund the money once they get the club back. Who knows how long it will take to run the Tracer?

If you bought in on ebay then you should have paid by paypal, the sender might say they will refund the money once they get the club back but that's not really true. He's the seller, it's really his problem that you haven't received it yet. I think you have 45 days to open a dispute on paypal but don't take my word for it, check with paypal. I'm sure the seller would rather have you recieve the club. Since he's the shipper he has to put the claim in with UPS.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Shipper screwed up on the double label. how do we know which one to use and which one to use. Sure the driver doing the pick up should of spotted it but if it's a bulk pick up he ain't going to check every package when management doesn't give us the time to do so. bulk pick up is loaded A.S.A.P.

Attention shippers and Resi doing a return. KINDLY place new label over old label or remove old label unless you want a package ping pong contest.

Stupid is as stupid does.

P.S. I'm sorry for recipient. I hope it all works out. Call which ever center it's currently at and demand a suppervisor straighten it out. Have em locate package and remove the other label and get the piece processed correctly. Blam should be on shipper though.

Browwnnose

The label might have come off and stuck to another box or another label stuck to your box. If I scan a double labeled package, the old one won't work.

zrwhat

Holy :censored2:, the package is out for delivery. Won't hold my breath until it is actually at my door step.

This might be the most expensive 2.6lb package every shipped via Ground, three full round trips from Texas to Indiana. What are the odds the club is actually still 45in long?

Holy :censored2:, the package is out for delivery. Won't hold my breath until it is actually at my door step.

This might be the most expensive 2.6lb package every shipped via Ground, three full round trips from Texas to Indiana. What are the odds the club is actually still 45in long?

Pretty good odds. Now, being 45in and straight is another matter.