The positive thread

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

EC is when you simply can't get down a road without getting stuck.

EC is not when you can get to the delivery point but don't feel like walking through a little bit of snow.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
EC has become more of a dispatch tool than an exception code.
I agree but I work as instructed. It's their house their ball and their yard. I'm just trying to play/last the while game.

Ps I'm sorry for anything I ever said or did to you. I was wrong no matter what you have ever done and I'm sorry. I should have had more common sense that that and I was wrong.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We have been told it's fine to sheet EC if the customer doesn't have a clear walk path for you. It's a safety issue but if I can drive within a few hundred yards I'm delivering it. If it's nothing more than bagging it and leaving it hanging from a tree at the end of the lane that's what I'll do.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

EC's do not magically disappear when you back in to your parking spot at night-----you will have to deal with them the following day so why not do all that you can to get rid of them the first day?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I agree but our mgt. team has taken that to the extreme. Its starting to seem that EC is the new Rural Remote. It will soon just become a numbers game rather than a useful tool.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
EC's do not magically disappear when you back in to your parking spot at night-----you will have to deal with them the following day so why not do all that you can to get rid of them the first day?
Went round and round with my center team on this this winter. They were calling us in at 7:30 after the roads were clear just to make sure we didn't run out if hours before Friday.

It's all just going to roll over. Leave me out there for 14 and get it cleaned up. Hell as far as I'm concerned 9.5 be damned everyone works at least 12 in these type of situations.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My brother called me the other day. His wife is a diabetic and they were waiting for her medication. He doesn't have a computer and doesn't go online so was unable to track it or give me the 1Z to track. Turns out we EC'd it 2 days in a row. He lives in a house not easily accessible from the main road but I still think they could/should have been delivered on the 1st day.

kingOFchester

EC is when you simply can't get down a road without getting stuck.

EC is not when you can get to the delivery point but don't feel like walking through a little bit of snow.

We have had multiple storms. Thawing and freezing between. We were told not to walk down driveways or sidewalks that were covered in snow do to the ice under them. Your walk ain't shoveled, no package for you.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
We have been told it's fine to sheet EC if the customer doesn't have a clear walk path for you. It's a safety issue but if I can drive within a few hundred yards I'm delivering it. If it's nothing more than bagging it and leaving it hanging from a tree at the end of the lane that's what I'll do.
2 good friends of mine, tape and dr bags agrees with you. More packages off today means less tomorrow lol.

Not the EC's that last 3-4 months. The clerk looks for an alternate address or calls consignee for one, or has it will called.