The RIP Thread

rod

Retired 22 years
Hell, looking back now I'm surprised how many things I learned from other kids even then. Internet wasn't as widespread and still somewhat in its infancy. Social media didn't exist and nobody had phones. I can't even imagine what they're picking up now.
They grow up at least twice as fast now. Hell I bet I didn't even start looking at the womens underwear section of the Sears catalog until I was probably in the 4th grade. :-)

Kuroh

Just your friendly neighborhood merchant.
Hell, looking back now I'm surprised how many things I learned from other kids even then. Internet wasn't as widespread and still somewhat in its infancy. Social media didn't exist and nobody had phones. I can't even imagine what they're picking up now.
With :censored2: like discord and twitter more relevant than ever, younger people are being exposed to stuff that people would have to really dig for at that time. Most of the time I'd only come across that stuff when talking to older kids, or browsing 4chan and getting the occasional goatsee link.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
With :censored2: like discord and twitter more relevant than ever, younger people are being exposed to stuff that people would have to really dig for at that time. Most of the time I'd only come across that stuff when talking to older kids, or browsing 4chan and getting the occasional goatsee link.
Sites like the hacker 4chan didn't have any prominence yet while I was in school. I think a lot of the stuff I learned from others were because most of my classmates had older siblings that they were picking these things up from. I on the other hand was the oldest in my family despite being one of the youngest in my entire class so I went in essentially clueless.

oldngray

nowhere special
RIP Tom Terrific

Untitled3.png

floridays

They grow up at least twice as fast now. Hell I bet I didn't even start looking at the womens underwear section of the Sears catalog until I was probably in the 4th grade. :-)
Me too.
I started in the 1960's, what was it like in the 1860's. Corset's and all?