The RIP Thread

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
0OK3rMXBo7mm.gif

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
We saw Charlie last year at his concert ... he was going strong and such an entertainer! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Charley Pride, country music’s first black superstar, dead at 86 from COVID-19​

Charley Pride, the first black country music superstar, died Saturday of complications from COVID-19. He was 86.

The trailblazer charted 29 No. 1 hits and another 21 Top 10 singles between the 1960s and 1980s, including “Is Anybody Goin’ to San Antone” and “Mountain of Love.”

Pride enjoyed his greatest success in the 1970s, becoming the best-selling performer for RCA Records since Elvis Presley.

His final performance was on Nov. 11, when he received the Country Music Association’s Lifetime Achievement Award at Nashville’s Music City Center. He brought down the house with his hit “Kiss An Angel Good Mornin’.”

1607815237421.png

Last edited:

floridays

We saw Charlie last year at his concert ... he was going strong and such an entertainer! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Charley Pride, the first black country music superstar, died Saturday of complications from COVID-19. He was 86.

The trailblazer charted 29 No. 1 hits and another 21 Top 10 singles between the 1960s and 1980s, including “Is Anybody Goin’ to San Antone” and “Mountain of Love.”

Pride enjoyed his greatest success in the 1970s, becoming the best-selling performer for RCA Records since Elvis Presley.

His final performance was on Nov. 11, when he received the Country Music Association’s Lifetime Achievement Award at Nashville’s Music City Center. He brought down the house with his hit “Kiss An Angel Good Mornin’.”

1607813393475.png
Rip

floridays

1607813393475.png

floridays

1607813393475.png
Tuff year old rat, hang around for the ball drop. :thumbup1:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Tuff year old rat, hang around for the ball drop. :thumbup1:
Yes it is ... just got to keep my guard up until I get the vaccine.
Every time I hear a John Prine song ... my chest tightens up a little.
He was such a part of my life.

I already messaged my doctor and told him I am a willing vaccine taker but not trying to jump in front of others on the list.

floridays

Yes it is ... just got to keep my guard up until I get the vaccine.
Every time I hear a John Prine song ... my chest tightens up a little.
He was such a part of my life.

I already messaged my doctor and told him I am a willing vaccine taker but not trying to jump in front of others on the list.
Just for one line I posted this, deal with the rest as you see fit.
:thumbup1:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

View attachment 321053
Kiss An Angel Good Morning is such a good song. Crossover hit. RIP.