Virescit Vulnere Virtus
There was a recent Billy Gibbons hoax.

Hope this turns out to be a hoax as well
Not this time. :(

EB5888BB-A7F6-4721-AFB2-80FDEB04AAA6.png

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My last delivery area is a place called Lake Spivey in Jonesboro, Ga. It's a large private lake and I worked around it my last 24 years. In the early '70s they had a concert venue that eventually got shut down. This is ZZ Top playing as an unannounced opening act in 1971 for Ike and Tina Turner. I think that is Dusty Hill in the hat playing bass.

ZZTopLakeSpivey1971.jpeg

rod

Retired 22 years
My last delivery area is a place called Lake Spivey in Jonesboro, Ga. It's a large private lake and I worked around it my last 24 years. In the early '70s they had a concert venue that eventually got shut down. This is ZZ Top playing as an unannounced opening act in 1971 for Ike and Tina Turner. I think that is Dusty Hill in the hat playing bass.

View attachment 346351
What is this private lake you speak of? Mn. has NO private lakes. The waters belong to everyone. There are a few lakes surrounded by private land with no public access but if you have a float plane or have a helicopter drop you and your kayak off you can use the lake.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
What is this private lake you speak of? Mn. has NO private lakes. The waters belong to everyone. There are a few lakes surrounded by private land with no public access but if you have a float plane or have a helicopter drop you and your kayak off you can use the lake.
This is a man-made lake, it’s about 600 acres. It had public beaches, an amusement park, and a Wild West Show a long time ago. During concerts, people would stay in the boats tripping out on the water. Pink Floyd toured when “Dark Side of the Moon” came out, I always thought that would have been cool to see. Those attractions were eventually shut down. Doctors, lawyers, and Delta pilots mainly live around it.