The RIP Thread

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
1629285942707.png

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I was about to post this, I'm a big Stones fan. Charlie turned down getting ready to go on the next tour due to health problems, he was the oldest at age 80. He and Bill Wyman were the most laid back members. My first real concert was the first time they played in Atlanta in 1975. I saw them in a small venue in '78. The tickets were printed with "The Cockroaches" to prevent counterfeiting. The last time I saw them I went with @Old Man Jingles to see them at Georgia Tech a few years ago.
B6E32CC0-CE5B-41C8-8196-331305BCDC93_1_201_a.jpeg
7EBD00E9-3EAC-406B-8D89-52F242588DCE_4_5005_c.jpeg

Last edited:

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I was about to post that, I'm a big Stones fan. Charlie turned down getting ready to go on the next tour due to health problems, he was the oldest at age 80. He and bill Wyman were the most laid back members. My first real concert was the first time they played in Atlanta in 1975. I saw them in a small venue in '78. The tickets were printed with "The Cockroaches" to prevent counterfeiting. The last time I saw them I went with @Old Man Jingles to see them at Georgia Tech a few years ago.View attachment 349471View attachment 349475
I've seen them more than a few times. They never fail.
Big fan since I was a kid hearing Satisfaction coming out of a muffled speaker at the public pool.
No Charlie. Won't be the same this fall.
Gotta keep rockin'.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I like the story about Charlie back in the 60's there was a party and Jagger called his room and said "where is MY drummer?"

Charlie got up , shaved, dressed in a nice suit , went down to the party.
Punched Jagger in the face and said I am not YOUR drummer , You are MY singer!

Richards said in this book "Life" that Charlie Watts WAS the Rolling Stones .

I'm listening to them now..............real LOUD.

Thanks Charlie.