The RIP Thread

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I believe in the long run Carlos Hathcock is the winner of the Vietman sniper wars. Mawhinney may have had a few more "confirmed kills" but Hathcock had many more actual kills. A confirmed kill was determined by 3 people being present ( the sniper-his spotter and a higher ranking person. Most snipers operated either on their own or with a spotter. Nobody wanted a ranking officer tagging along with them. It is estimated Hathcock had between 300 and 400 kills.

One shot, one kill.

oldngray

nowhere special
I believe in the long run Carlos Hathcock is the winner of the Vietman sniper wars. Mawhinney may have had a few more "confirmed kills" but Hathcock had many more actual kills. A confirmed kill was determined by 3 people being present ( the sniper-his spotter and a higher ranking person. Most snipers operated either on their own or with a spotter. Nobody wanted a ranking officer tagging along with them. It is estimated Hathcock had between 300 and 400 kills.

Nobody (other than Hathcock) knows the real total but it is almost certainly at least twice the confirmed number.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

The end of an era. I never really cared for their music until I went to their concert with friends many years ago. Wow. What an experience. Nothing but positivity and happy thoughts, plus they were great. People of all ages and races they’re just enjoying good music. I guess he can’t go on forever though.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
EB4789E5-9CD9-4AB9-B73C-4D4597ED2FC0.jpeg