The Road To Failure: Democrat Pete Buttigieg's Plan To Install Speed Camera's And Lower Speed Limit's

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Even then, punks use hoodies and the picture quality sucks. Bank robbery pics are the worst. They look like they were taken with cold war Soviet surplus electronics.
Most of our cop cars have automated license plate reader cameras now. When used in conjunction with automated street cameras they've got a pretty good way to track criminals on the roads in real time.

wilberforce15

But...aren't these the same folks pushing Tesla's....? Forcing folks into all electric cars....AI......integrated charging networks are a powerful tool for tyrants....lololololol.
It's bad. It's going to happen.

I choose to make money off the thing that is going to bring better tyranny.

The other option is to get the same tyranny and not make money.

Mutineer

Fines are essentially uncollectable here by state law. They send cleverly worded letters that make it seem like they are. Only idiots pay them.
I think in some states the company who owns the cameras can put a lien on the vehicle if the ticket isn't paid.

No big whoop if you intend to own your vehicle until you are dead, or until it's of no real value.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I recall a story about there being more rear end collisions at red lights with cameras.
People who tended to run yellow lights were shocked when the cars in front of them braked at the lights.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Will I be within my 2A Rights if I used these cameras for target practice ?
Under the notice that I was resisting government over reach.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Pothole Pete also is a fan of getting you out of your car altogether and getting you out of your suburban home. You must live in some government approved cluster housing.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Pothole Pete also is a fan of getting you out of your car altogether and getting you out of your suburban home. You must live in some government approved cluster housing.
Since most people tend to live along the coasts, where open land is non existence.
In order for him to succeed, he would have to evict current landowners to construct his utopia.
Then the issue becomes where to do the evicted live ?

quad decade guy

It's bad. It's going to happen.

I choose to make money off the thing that is going to bring better tyranny.

The other option is to get the same tyranny and not make money.
Gosh, my first thought is to take up arms and fight tyranny against those that exploit it.....and condone it. And support it. And are associated with it.